Heal vs Save
I see this situation all the time and I’m curious if my opinion is right or wrong. I’m on a hook and of the unhooked survivors who can save me one is injured and one is healing him. For this example let’s say the last guy is being chased. It seems obvious to me that the priority should go to the guy on the hook vs healing someone who is at least mobile and probably has self care or a med pack anyway. But from my experience about 90% of the time survivors just heal the guy even if the guy on the hook goes to struggle phase. Maybe I’m missing something. I realize it’s probably just human nature to do the expedient thing and you don’t want to ‘abandon’ a hurt teammate, but I’m pretty sure it’s the wrong play.
My rough rule is that if someone is hooked far away from me I give it about 20 seconds to let someone nearby save them and not waste the time off a gen. If someone gets hit within that 20, I go immediately. If they are close by its a no brainer.
Thoughts?
Comments
I think it depends on the situation. But for me if I'm fully healed, I'll probably go for the save. If I'm next to someone and both of us are injured. I might go for a healing session just so we don't end up having 3 of us potentially slugged.
But, if I'm close enough I'll go for the save even if injured. Depends on where I'm at on the map.
I think often the idea is to then be able to save you without risking an unnecessary hook if the killer goes for the injured survivor(I definetly would).