Playing Solely for BP
Since the blood web changes, I've felt rather incentivized to play for BP in order to unlock all killer perks for all killers.
Anyone else playing solely for 'points,' atm?
Since the blood web changes, I've felt rather incentivized to play for BP in order to unlock all killer perks for all killers.
Anyone else playing solely for 'points,' atm?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've been more liberal about my bloody party streamers, but that's about it tbh.
ive pretty much always played for bloodpoints. getting a lot is my personal winning condition
I usually just play for fun. The points tend to follow anyway. But I am loving the new bloodwebs myself; unlocked Nancy's teachables and got them on every single bloodweb on my main survivor. Took only three levels to get the one I wanted to tier 3.
I always play for BP because I am still unlocking stuff, so also always run BBQ and Thrill of the Hunt when I can.
I will actually let three escape sometimes because I don't want to rank up too fast before I get some builds unlocked on a few killers.
I'm playing Killer to get the hatch close trophy and with Survivor for the protective hit trophy.
Trying to unlock the last of Demogorgon's perks and the remaining Survivor perks.
Really enjoying playing as Freddy overall. What a fantastic rework.
Looking forward to double blood.
I played this way back when I started. I ran We're Gonna Live Forever, a Dead Perk, for ages until I got a couple of Survivors to P3 and unlocked all perks on them.
Then I realized I was just screwing myself, so I stopped using the useless WGLF perk and just started playing with dumb builds to have fun.
Once you have achieved your goals there's no point in playing for Blood Points. I don't know how long it'll take for a killer to unlock all killers and perks (should take a long time) but I finished with my Survivor journey of unlocking 2 survivors back at around 400 hours I think.
I also have a few killers setup the way I want, but nowhere near comprehensive in terms of perks.
I've been playing for BP because I don't see a point in ranking up as killer. I got rank 1 as leatherface and am content with that until rewards are given for ranking up. I've also gotten a lot better at survivor because I've been playing it more than killer lately.
I went back to killer for demogorgon, but I'm finding myself annoyed with 115% killers because of pallets. Not that I feel pallets are OP, I just hate that when I see a survivor start looping me, I can predict what's going to happen in the next 15 seconds and the game becomes a chore for those 15 seconds, because:
The repetition of dealing with pallets as someone like ghost face or demogorgon, or leatherface etc.. is some of the most boring stuff imo. I think that once I'm bored of playing survivor I will probably stop playing until they make something more engaging.
With a certain build I have been able to get 1mil bp every 4-5 hours. Considering that level P0_1 to P3_50 and all perks is 9m BP (5.5 - 6m for P3_50; 3m for the perks) it's roughly 36-45 hrs to max a char.
I don't know how other people do it, but the build I use is exhausting to play for more than a few hours, and makes you not want to play the game, lol. So, even though you could max all killers in 700-800 hours played. I doubt it's worth it, because you would have to be farming hardcore for all of those hours to do in that amount of time.
So, amen to the idea of just having fun.
I’ll take whatever Bloodpoints I can because my goal at the moment is to get my first P3 with Jane. I still have plenty of leveling to do after that as well, due to my next goal being unlocking all of the Survivor perks. I will say that I have been tighter lately with my Offerings and Items because I have decided to conserve them for the next Double Bloodpoints event, whenever that may be.
I always play with BP in mind and for fun. I really don't care on the actual outcome of the game as long as I found it enjoyable.
Games are played for fun afterall.
@twistedmonkey I hear ya. I'm almost 47 years old, so only play for fun.
But saying so today seems to be treated as blasphemy by far too many.