Ranking system messed up?

I'm a rank 20 killer, literally only played about 5 games as killer as i enjoy playing survivor much more. I picked up killer again today and both lobbies had 2 or more people rank 10 and under? One was literally rank 4. I understand killer is challenging, especially for newbies like me, but surely i should be getting more than 2 hits or 0 downs? It feels next to impossible and after two games i went stright back to survivor. Is it always like this when there's a rank reset?

Comments

  • Well reset is over.. usually after a couple of days those that want to climb rank get back to where they were.

    Now you are basically facing those that don't play as much but have played for awhile.. or those who are playing SWF with a lower ranked friend.

    --

    The game basically comes down to finding and chasing people as killer. The more you know the maps, the easier it is to find hiding survivors. Then learning how to deal with the major looping spots helps in ending those chases quicker. I suggest watching a few youtube videos on how to run those loop spots better.


    Remember who the higher ranks are in the lobby, cause if you start chasing them and they start taking you for a run, go look for someone else and get the less skilled player. Sometimes you can put those higher ranked players in bad positions on the map when they are going for saves and heals.

  • Yes, But I haven't really seen it since I'm at rank 1 killer

  • I think a lot of new players have started with the DLC, and the influx has screwed up the matchmaking, because theres a huge increase in Rank 20's.


    I full respect any normie stranger things fan that picks this game up and keeps playing though. Must be rough atm.

  • I was playing with all red rank survivors last night and we kept getting rank 20 killers with nothing , I'm not sure what is going on at the moment but it was kinda funny at first , now on the other hand it's kinda boring when you have to go down on purpose to get decent points

  • Its horrendous right now. My friends and I are a mix of red and purple ranks and we got nothing but rank 17-20 killers last night for over 2 hours.

  • @Peanits Any insight into what's going on? Things seem to be back to where they were a couple weeks ago with matchmaking issues.

  • Yes, there's something wrong with the matchmaking right now. We've identified an issue and we're hoping to hotfix it as soon as possible.

  • @Peanits Awesome to hear! And thanks for replying so quickly. Very appreciated.

    Is it possible to get a reply or topic made somewhere on your end when the hotfix eventually goes live, so those of us holding off on playing much due to the matchmaker will know can jump back into the pool?

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Peanits Awesome to hear! And thanks for replying so quickly. Very appreciated.

    Is it possible to get a reply or topic made somewhere on your end when the hotfix eventually goes live, so those of us holding off on playing much due to the matchmaker will know can jump back into the pool?

    Of course. You can keep an eye on the news section, Twitter, or Discord. We'll always announce updates there.

  • @Peanits Thanks. I'll make sure to do that.