Ranked mode and casual mode

I was bored yesterday and thought of this when wanting to play Rainbow Six Siege


Casual mode- You can play at Devotion 0 and level 0 and above. You are playing against people of similar Player Levels and Devotions

Ranked mode- Rank is unlocked after reaching Devotion 1, you start off at rank 20. When queuing you only enter lobbies of the same rank and player level. The rank is reset back to 20 when reaching Mid-chapter patch and the start of next chapter. Each rank gives you a reward at the start of a rank reset


Rank 20-16- 0 Shards

Rank 15-10 - 800 shards

Rank 9-4 - 1400 shards

Rank 3-2- 1800 shards

Rank 1 - 2000 shards and an outfit linked to the Chapter

Comments

  • I love this idea! It’s exactly what we need, really.

    I think Ranked Mode should be available at Level 30 instead of Devotion 1, like Rainbow coincidentally, and also because it takes longer than you think to get a Devotion Level. Other than that, this is what we need in this game. Especially the shards. Cosmetics and Chapters shouldn’t always be locked behind a price gate, and because the Shard costs are so high, it’s pretty rare to spend any on them since you’d want to save them for the next chapter instead.

  • @Trwth said:

    I love this idea! It’s exactly what we need, really.

    I think Ranked Mode should be available at Level 30 instead of Devotion 1, like Rainbow coincidentally, and also because it takes longer than you think to get a Devotion Level. Other than that, this is what we need in this game. Especially the shards. Cosmetics and Chapters shouldn’t always be locked behind a price gate, and because the Shard costs are so high, it’s pretty rare to spend any on them since you’d want to save them for the next chapter instead.

    I thought of devotion to prevent smurf accounts

  • I still think making casual and ranked modes a seperate thing would make the the ques long.

    Although ranks rewards is still a yes in my book