Why killer losing his addons and survivor doesn't?
In my opinion add-ons are more important for killer than for survivor. When survivor escape, he doesn't lose his add-ons or item, but killer yes. There should be something new to decide, how killer can lose his addons. For example, what kind of emblems you got after match. If you have at least two iridescent, you didn't lose add-ons. Of course, according to your rank. If you have better ideas, suggest them. I would be very glad to see it.
Comments
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I believe it was stated in the past because, generally in a match, the killer earns more BP than a majority of survivors, so can progress through bloodwebs for add-ons faster.
Don't take that as gospel, though. My memory on the answer might be faulty.
Survivors, meanwhile, lose their items unless they escape with them.
I mean you said it yourself, killer addons are generally more powerful/game-changing than survivor addons, so it doesn’t matter as much if survivors keep their addons, whereas killers keeping their addons would be broken. Plus on top of that survivor add-ons are attached to items which survivors need to buy and killers do not. Survivors also make less bloodpoints thanks killers as well.
Also it’s important to note that survivors only get to keep their addons if they survive the match with their item in hand. If they die or the killer brings franklins then they lose their item and addons.