The basic attack requirement should be removed off Surge

As it works right now, Surge will not proc if the killer is using an attack like the chainsaw, ambush or shred. I feel like the devs should do what they did with Infectious Fright and remove this condition as it would make this underwhelming perk more powerful and it would better synergize with Demogorgon as he will be able to use his shred to activate it.

Comments

  • Agreed.

    Though, to be fair, I'm biased in wanting it removed from most perks that have it. The only excuses I really see for keeping it around are:

    • STBFL not affecting powers to prevent Certain killers (Billy, Demo, Huntress) from being able to use their power like a machine gun
    • NOED not affecting hatchets (because it's fine to have insta downs all game with an addon but not at the end game with a destroyable perk)

    It's silly to make a bunch of killers lose utility on their power because one power is a bit much with a perk.

    And this isn't even one of those cases. There isn't a single power in the game where it'd be broken if it counted for Surge. This is just Infectious Fright all over again.

  • I'd hate this against Hillbilly but I'd love it playing as Leatherface. I'd rather it stay as it was to avoid giving Hillbilly another buff and just accept that I can't make good use of it on Bubba.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I'd hate this against Hillbilly but I'd love it playing as Leatherface. I'd rather it stay as it was to avoid giving Hillbilly another buff and just accept that I can't make good use of it on Bubba.

    Nothing against you personally, but this is complete hyphocrisy.

    "We shouldnt buff killer perks because of strong killers" BUT "Survivors need kindred, bond, BT, ping tools and VC basekit to buff solo to swf", except swf would make way more use out of it than solo.

  • @Raptorrotas - You think it is hypocrisy to want to narrow the gap between the stronger and weaker killers? Please explain how that is hypocrisy. I play all the killers.

    And who exactly are you quoting here? I'm pretty sure you aren't quoting me!

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I'd hate this against Hillbilly but I'd love it playing as Leatherface. I'd rather it stay as it was to avoid giving Hillbilly another buff and just accept that I can't make good use of it on Bubba.

    But there is a 40 second cool down when it is activated, so Hillbilly won't be able to activate it over and over in a short timeframe. Removing the basic attack requirement won't buff Hillbilly anymore than Leatherface or any other killer for that matter.