Pennywise

I know not a lot of people would agree, but I think pennywise should be in the game. I'm new to this so not sure what perks or what powers he would have. But if they were to release an IT chapter they should release pennywise AND 4 members of the losers club and I think those who play as the losers, should see pennywise as the fear of said loser. (I.e a liper for eddie, or beverly could see her dad) then to any other survivor hes just seen as pennywise. I know it's probably complex but I just thought it was a good idea

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Still gonna say no

  • I think Salem's lot would be a good addition. I love Steven kings work and I'm not a pennywise fan boy or anything was just thinking about it and thought I'd share anyway. But I think Salem's lot would be a good chapter. But I would prefer the shining because of the hotel, it's a brilliant location

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pennywise would be too odd an addition, regardless of Cote saying “Nothing is off the table”

    I honestly speculate that BHVR’s recent follow of King’s social media accounts (if a chapter were to be done on one of his IP’s) would either be tied in with The Shining (because of the soon to be released Doctor Sleep), or the remake of Salem’s Lot in the not too distant future.

    Really? Odd to bring in an actual horror icon?

    Instead of a guy that stabs himself.

    Instead of a guy from b movie comedy horror. (I LOVE Ash but point stands)

    Instead of a creature, that's mindless, from a scifi nostalgia show that people THINK is horror?


    Pennywise fits more that half the killers we already have.

    #PennywiseOrRiot.

  • Didn't they say something that they won't even bother making a killer shapeshifter?

    I think they were pretty clear on that..

  • While I would love to see a Pennywise look (Tim Curry version) in game I don't know if IT as a killer would fit.

    What would the power be?

    Pennywise after all if just a projection of a form to lure in children. As the guise of penny wise IT befriends kids to get close so it can take them below but if they figure it out IT then tries to mentally torture them into mind submission.

  • How would Pennywise even work tho. Its a otherwordly being like The enity on or above the same power level as the enity.

  • @TheBatJesus said:

    How would Pennywise even work tho. Its a otherwordly being like The enity on or above the same power level as the enity.

    Pennywise is much weaker than the entity

  • Ingame name: the cooler clown

    Just going to let you know that DbD twitter, Cote and Patricia started following twice to Stephen King 😉

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pennywise would be too odd an addition, regardless of Cote saying “Nothing is off the table”

    I honestly speculate that BHVR’s recent follow of King’s social media accounts (if a chapter were to be done on one of his IP’s) would either be tied in with The Shining (because of the soon to be released Doctor Sleep), or the remake of Salem’s Lot in the not too distant future.

    Michael Scott from the Office would be "odd." Pennywise would be anything but.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/694598#Comment_694598

    I mean it from the sense that Pennywise itself is also an entity.

    How would it be captured & controlled by DBD’s Entity?

    How would “fear” be implemented as a power into the game?

    Why would Pennywise satisfy The Entity’s hunger for dying hope rather than feed its own need for its victims fear?

    @ProfessorDunwich

    Because the entity could capture the Deadlights. Or bring them in. Or hell, INVITE them in to help feed it, under the guise that the Deadlights/pennywise will receive the reward of their fear.

    It could also be what limits him to certain power capabilities. He can only gain SO MUCH fear, before the entity takes the rest. Keeping him from (without spoilers) using some of his more ridiculous abilities.

    Fear could be implemented, as another user suggested, as madness was. Increases on certain actions or terror radius ranges.


    IT could work easily.

  • Honestly, I hadnt 100% either until I started to respond. But now I really like it.

  • @Toxicboii said:

    Didn't they say something that they won't even bother making a killer shapeshifter?

    I think they were pretty clear on that..

    I never said he would be a shape shifter I said he would appear differently to the losers club than he would to another survivor that wasn't in IT. He doesn't even have to do that I just thought it'd be a cool idea. But I think as a killer himself he would fit. And someone said well timed about Salem's lot, no one knows how far away that remake is gonna be, so I don't think they would even try to get the rights to it so early on its not even 100% confirmed yet? And as for them following him now, just as IT 2 is released? Doesn't seem to far fetched of an idea.