New ranking system based on players "behaviour"!
I think this would be fair. Like somehow you play well and fairly but the game said you are not deserved it.
For example, current ranking for surivors requires: 'You need to do more, need to cleanse more totems, help the team, take a hit, fix more gens...' and for killers: 'You need to kill all of those survivors, keep the game longer, get a longer chase, protect your gens...' Meanwhile some did their best to kill/survive but in the end there will always be better people, and the game treat the other side like a failure (at least it feels so), really?
Devs need to punish pallet/closets spamming survivors while not near the killer radius, punish killers from camping and all kinds of d!ck moves in the game...
I don't just write those lines for fun, it was from my 1k hours experience (Im not a streamer or 24h player so don't compare me with those 5k 7k people). There was a game when I'm the killer and someone DC at the start to fudge their teammates, so i decided to let them do all the gens, hooked them twice then had some fun with them (pull them off the gen, peekaboo...), in the end I still killed them all but what they said makes me really happy: "gg wp", "that was fun, gg".
That would be a perfect DBD ranking, not for sweating tryhards, but a measure for fair players and good manner people. That's how you keep the game alive (not just focusing on gameplay balance but emotion balance will make players to spend more time and attract more people to play DBD), and to make sure that they have good times on BOTH sides.
And that, "BEHAVIOUR" will live up to their name and Dead by Daylight will be blessed once again.
Comments
No thank you. The current ranking system already has issues with rewarding/punishing people who do/do not play a certain play pattern. This would magnify that problem in my eyes.
That's not what a ranking system is for.
That's why I said NEW, not to improve the current ranking.
And I'm saying I do not want this sort of new system that measures people based on "fairness" or "good manners."
They are planing on ranking killers based on how well each killer ( single killers ). So that sounds better but Idk what they are doing with surivivors
It would be difficult to have such a system based on manners and fairness since everyone has their own definition of it.
Also, punishing people for playing X way would drive people away from the game. Killers are allowed to camp, survivors are allowed to body block, people are allowed to try hard to win, etc. Just because you think its 'unfair' it doesn't mean it is.
They have a 'thumbs up' option at the end of game to give to players you think did a good job. I use it myself but I am not sure what effect this has on anyone...
I would LOVE to see an endorsement system similar to Overwatch. Give people a 'thumbs up' for a job well done. The more you get the higher your endorsement rating. A good endorsement rating leads to additional shards and blood points ^^
Your endorsement would only be visible to you (otherwise it could cause lobby dodging) but at least be a small incentive to 'play nice, play fair'.
The obvious issue with this though is for the killer. A killer can be the best sport and play fair, but because salt and 'he killed me what a jerk' mentality killers would probably not get any kind of thumbs up.
Just food for thought!
@TAG why not?
@FancyMrB It doesn't come with many definition depends on how people tolerate it. I had a swf game with my little brother, he's new to the game, he got caught first and the killer straight camped him, like what did he do to you, is this how they get kills? That didn't frustrate me much but for him, a lot. Imagine you're the one getting camped the first hook and did nothing offensive to him/her, or in a killer match, a group of survivors keep spaming the sh!t out of pallets and closets to you, it's so obnoxious and annoying at the same time then how would you feel?
And I didn't say body block is bad manner or to punish tryhard people, what I mean is to make the ranking less tryhard style, like the previous ranking system, you only need some certain points to rank up. Sure it was fun back then but that didn't change people behavior toward the game untill this current ranking system came out, but the current one somehow requires too much from players. What I want is a new ranking system that inherits both of these factors: ensure that people are having fun their own ways and change their behavior toward the better side.
@FancyMrB
The endorsement system would be nifty, rather than replacing the current rankings. This community has proven, time and again, that carrots work better than sticks, buffs and redirects/reworks working better than nerfs, etc.
Sounds to me like a bunch of nagging. Only person allowed to nag me is GladOs from Portal 1 and 2.
Because that is not a demonstration of skill, which is the whole point of a ranking system. The current system tries to balance demonstration of skill and "fairness," which already isn't ideal. Emphasizing the fairness would only make that worse because it would come at the expense of the demonstration of skill.
@TAG
Too bad rank doesn't represent the players skills, I mean it does for those who take seasonal rank seriously and get sweat in the game but even that some of them can't get a decent chase for more than 1 minute and become the burden to the team. (yes solo queue).
I can't even count how many matches I played on purple and red rank as survivors that had people did nothing to help the team and crouch-walking everywhere, or farming hook saves without BT, even some can't do gen when ruin is up and have to run around like an idiot to find the totem.
That's why the current ranking system is flawed.