Beginner Ranks are a MUST
Hello there
Recently i watched a friend of mine playing as the Killer for a couple of rounds. He is a straight Rank 20 and just started to play the role. I was shocked what kind of people he was versing. Rank 20-17 who loop insanly good, look behind all the time, never fail a skillcheck and run good perks. This happend to him 4 rounds in a row, always different people. I am aware that this could be because of rank reset, but my point is:
This should not happen to a new player at all. Make Rank 20-19 for People who have not played more then ~ 25 hours and/or ~ 25 games of this specific role.
Soon new people will come due to the new chapter and they will leave the game instantly if they face groups like that all the time. Same the way around of course.
EDIT
To throw in a suggestion: There should be Beginner levels before you even get ranked, which requires 20 games of each role. there you would only play vs other beginners. You can unlock this at any time, if you feel prepared for the ranked.
Kind regards
Comments
I basically agree. Since we don't know the detailed numbers, there might be a problem however: Maybe there aren't enough super-new players playing at the same time to give those players reasonable queue times.
I feel that the matchmaking could be a lot better for the new players, but only the devs know the numbers.
There should be an NPC mode for new players. Does not have to be fancy, but let's players get an idea of how the game works and gives them some best practices ideas.
To be fair, it was just rank reset like 3 days ago...
And i'm surprised Rank 20s - Rank 15s are "looping insanly good" and doing everything Red Ranks do... Wheres that when rank reset rolls around and I play Killer? I just get potatoes...
Wish I could give your friend the potatoes, and i'll take the tryhards.
I honestly think they should just depips from the game.
Besides rank reset, the biggest problems in this game are people who derank on purpose and use smurf accounts. Only because they are bad losers and just want ez matches.
Sadly, this game doesn't have bots.
Otherwise you could have new players play vs bots for let's say 3-5 games before unlocking normal play. (and still have the bots avaiable for practice purposes)