Struggle spitball suggestion
I keep getting annoyed that struggle is just "hammer A repeatedly or else you die", and I know I should just "git gud" and not get caught, but in the meantime here's a spitball suggestion for how to improve struggling:
Make struggling a skill check. Like any other skill activity, skill checks occur periodically; failing the skill check gets you eaten by the entity. Succeeding the skill check continues to struggle (and struggle progress continues as normal). A great success either shows the killer to all players wherever he is on the map, or plays a unique noise and shows the killer if he's in a specific radius of the hook, thus letting the other players know whether or not they can safely come rescue you, or if they should work on generators because you're being camped.
For now let's say that this suggestion is specific to struggle, and first hook works the same way it does currently.
Comments
I don't mind that but i would change failing skill check from being eaten to increasing entity progression, otherwise it could demolish new players.
a big increase on fail, like getting a great check on a generator? I think that would be a great idea, and also a good balance between players giving up on struggle, and other players trying to come rescue them.
kinda excited to see something very similar implemented for Mr. Pointy's cages. Fingers crossed that the same system gets applied to hooks.