The Plague's Deviousness Point Gain is Atrocious.

You get a few Deviousness points for infecting the survivors but after that, the only way to get them is by puking on everything you see even though everyone is infected anyway. You always have to slug for the 4K and the bonus "Noone Escaped" points but you still have very little Deviousness. Meanwhile, strong killers can play super efficiently and still gain full Deviousness points even before "Noone Escaped" being added.

It seems like the Deviousness point gain was designed for games in which survivors constantly cleanse. However, the higher you go in ranks, the less survivors actually cleanse. There needs to be a Deviousness event for downing a fully infected survivor with a basic attack. This way, you get points regardless of wether or not the survivors cleanse.

Comments

  • As a Plague player, I actually noticed this today while I was grinding to retake my purple rank. Despite me getting 4 kills and only two generators completed, I could never double-pip because my deviousness was strangely very low.

    Long story short, I absolutely agree! Plague is such a good Killer, so she should be able to crank out bloodpoints just like any other Killer.


    Quick Edit: That last part about downing infected survivors with your attack... There actually is a scoring event, but it only grants 200 points. It is simply titled “Purge”, I believe.

  • @Trwth said:

    As a Plague player, I actually noticed this today while I was grinding to retake my purple rank. Despite me getting 4 kills and only two generators completed, I could never double-pip because my deviousness was strangely very low.

    Long story short, I absolutely agree! Plague is such a good Killer, so she should be able to crank out bloodpoints just like any other Killer.

    Quick Edit: That last part about downing infected survivors with your attack... There actually is a scoring event, but it only grants 200 points. It is simply titled “Purge”, I believe.

    Unfortunately, points are not what helps you pip. Emblems and Bloodpoints are separate things. They used to be one in the same, but not anymore.

    Emblem system: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87368/the-plagues-deviousness-point-gain-is-atrocious

    It’s not as terrible as it seems. Yeah it does require puking on A LOT of objects, but that’s part of the point with her: if you can’t directly get all survivors sick ASAP, you try to achieve it indirectly by making it difficult for healthy survivors to repair gens without getting sick, or making it difficult for healthy survivors to hide/escape without getting sick (by infected vault points or infected lockers).

    However you get a MASS of devious points whenever a survivor reaches the broken state, whenever you ingest corruption, and whenever you injure survivors with corruption.

    This is why it’s terribly important to abandon typical mind gaming and long loops with Plague, she simply can’t be used like most other killers. She needs to never be too far from gens so that it’s 100% clear to survivors, even the best survivors, that it’s far too risky to remain in the broken state in order to finish repairs. Thus forcing cleansing, and hopefully allowing future mid-chase ingestion of corruption.

    Just 3-gening to force cleanses might actually work but I feel like high rank survivors would either just cleanse on the other side of the map where you can't pick up your corruption without abandoning your generators or still not cleanse at all. My thought behind the suggestion of increasing basic attack points on fully infected survivors was that your blood point gain no longer depends on what the survivors do.

  • I feel like if no one cleanses, you should get ramping bloodpoints for hitting a survivor thats fully infected

    250 for the first hit, +50 for every hit after if survivors are still not cleansing.

    That or just gain bloodpoints passively for every 30 seconds survivors are still not cleansed for.

  • @JnnsMu said:

    You get a few Deviousness points for infecting the survivors but after that, the only way to get them is by puking on everything you see even though everyone is infected anyway. You always have to slug for the 4K and the bonus "Noone Escaped" points but you still have very little Deviousness. Meanwhile, strong killers can play super efficiently and still gain full Deviousness points even before "Noone Escaped" being added.

    It seems like the Deviousness point gain was designed for games in which survivors constantly cleanse. However, the higher you go in ranks, the less survivors actually cleanse. There needs to be a Deviousness event for downing a fully infected survivor with a basic attack. This way, you get points regardless of wether or not the survivors cleanse.

    And then you have legion

    X-All-The-Y.jpg


  • I agree if what you're saying is that Legion is just a weaker Plague considering both of them are 4.6 MS killers who have tools to keep survivors injured. However, I don't quite understand what letting the Plague actually get a few Deviousness points would change in regards to that.

  • They need to increase the points you get when you vomit on things