David King's Wicked Wares outfit "Riot Guuuy"
David King is the last person I would have expected to be given a punk rock outfit, he doesn't fit the sub-culture. Unless it's a joke to give the outfit to him, which seems implied in the jacket's description, I guess ... "Nothing says 'revolution' like long nights spent hand-stitching patches onto a jacket." ... except you all got it wrong. No one was sewing anything, people ironed them on with something hot or used safety pins. Also, why 'Revolt' on the back? No movement that desired a revolution actually wanted rioting or thought rioting was good, or fun. Sure... revolutions usually require rioting, but... yeah.
I know, I know, it's just an outfit in a video game, but poking fun at something one doesn't understand culturally is obnoxious and only serves to celebrate ignorance. You guys oppose ignorance in other facets of the game's development, so here it tells me that culturally, punk isn't valuable enough for you to know enough about it to be accurate in representing it, but it's valuable enough for you to borrow from it, to sell it.
Granted, it's true, punk is dead and was appropriated by pop-culture long ago, It's just a little ######### of a sub-culture now. But, for future cosmetics, if you're going to profit from something you have no understanding of, at least try to get some of the historical/cultural aspects right, even if you don't care about it. Even if the depth of your research is reading wikipedia. Oh yeah, don't make fun of it! You never know, you might even get some jack like me to pay a whopping $10 for it. But, not today! Not ever. Ya greedy jerks.
Comments
For context, the bad word I used refers to selling one's body for payment, as in, intercourse.