Trapper Fix

These changes all go together:

  • The Trapper now has 5 traps (down from 6). All of which start in his inventory. He doesn't have to worry about going around the map finding them. He just has them immediately
  • It now takes 2 seconds to arm a trap down from 2.5
  • Trapper no longer gets caught in his own traps
  • Escaping a trap yourself now takes 6 seconds and doesn't care about the luck mechanic. Honestly can we just rework luck? This is the only Killer in the game that gets screwed over by an offering right now.
  • Using the secondary action key the trapper can now re-arm a trap without picking it up. This takes 1.5 seconds.
  • Traps are now 10% larger than now

Addon changes:

  • Trapper Sack/Bag/Stitched Bag - Now grants the trapper 1/2/3 additional traps. For a total of 10 if you stack the Trapper Bag and Stitched Bag
  • Serrated Jaws - Now inflicts Mangled
  • Rusted Jaws - Now inflicts Broken for 45 seconds
  • Wax Brick - Increases Trap size by 10% (that is, 10% larger than the already increased trap size, and thus is more than 20% bigger than now). Doesn't effect escape odds because that's not a thing anymore
  • Fastening Tools - Now Tremendously increases rescue and escape times (up from considerably). Doesn't effect escape odds because that's not a thing anymore

Should help a TON with the Trappers viability. His set up time in particular with not needing to find his traps first and a faster arming time.

Making escaping more consistent means luck offerings don't screw him over for no reason.

Comments

  • If survivors have a set time for escape, would traps be capable of downing them again? 6 sec in most cases means your not making it to the survivor unless you were already there or after them.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    If survivors have a set time for escape, would traps be capable of downing them again? 6 sec in most cases means your not making it to the survivor unless you were already there or after them.

    6 seconds is more than what you would expect them to be in there just by chance right now.

    The escape odds is 25% every 1.5 seconds. So after 6 seconds you would have had 4 attempts. However statistically they be more likely to escape by the 2nd or 3rd attempt rather than making it to the 4th. So this makes the time more consistent and usually longer.

  • No longer a HEAVY incentive to running "more BT" Add-ons & Corrupt Intervetion. Good.


    Faster arming, sure.


    Huh, interesting.

    I'm not against it, but I'm not sure if he should be immune to his own traps.

    In short: I'd be fine with it being either way.


    Be Trapper? Instant escapes.

    Face Trapper? Grabbed, grabbed, grabbed.

    So yes, screw Luck, and we'll just have to buff/change Slippery Meat.


    Ahh, the QoL pretty much every Trapper wants.

    It'd take a new animation btw, since you're re-arming, but should be worth it.


    Hah, I see you don't like Haemorrhage either.


    Nothing else really to point out, it all just sounds neat.

    Well okay, the Wax Brick.

    To be fair, I can't picture in my head how much bigger it is then.

    And this is a long stretch, but bear with me.

    So they removed trapping under Hooks.

    Now imagine placing this bigger BT at a main-building basement entrance like Ironworks or Thompson's.

    Won't that be a huge blocker?


    A lil reminder: I read these as neutral as possible, no bias here, just curiosity.

    Anyway, it's getting late for me, so I'll continue with the others another time.

    You're doing great work btw, regardless of if they're good suggestions or not. ๐Ÿ™Œ

  • I like these. I play trapper often, so I could see these working. I still think 6 traps in the game by default is the right amount, but other than that, I agree.

  • @Boss said:

    No longer a HEAVY incentive to running "more BT" Add-ons & Corrupt Intervetion. Good.

    Faster arming, sure.

    Huh, interesting.

    I'm not against it, but I'm not sure if he should be immune to his own traps.

    In short: I'd be fine with it being either way.

    Be Trapper? Instant escapes.

    Face Trapper? Grabbed, grabbed, grabbed.

    So yes, screw Luck, and we'll just have to buff/change Slippery Meat.

    Ahh, the QoL pretty much every Trapper wants.

    It'd take a new animation btw, since you're re-arming, but should be worth it.

    Hah, I see you don't like Haemorrhage either.

    Nothing else really to point out, it all just sounds neat.

    Well okay, the Wax Brick.

    To be fair, I can't picture in my head how much bigger it is then.

    And this is a long stretch, but bear with me.

    So they removed trapping under Hooks.

    Now imagine placing this bigger BT at a main-building basement entrance like Ironworks or Thompson's.

    Won't that be a huge blocker?

    A lil reminder: I read these as neutral as possible, no bias here, just curiosity.

    Anyway, it's getting late for me, so I'll continue with the others another time.

    You're doing great work btw, regardless of if they're good suggestions or not. ๐Ÿ™Œ

    Just to clarify, the bigger size also means you can sabo from further out, so while it can cover a larger area it won't stop Survivors from sabotaging it.

  • I think the size should be buffed without addons due to the shadownerf when they changed the basement's stairs.

  • Herrmophage should not be the focus of an addon, but rather a secondary bonus. Or a completely new game mechanic (bleeding effects get stronger the more often you're injured or something like that)

    • Traps seriously need to stop adjusting their position to survivors. After a survivor walks into or gets freed from a trap, it gets moved around. In some cases back then even into walls. This makes one of his UR addons borderline useless.
    • Survivors can borderline walk through traps, the aoe needs to be slightly tweaked.
    • I wholeheartedly support the "Reset trap" button, be it as new button or changing his M2 when he's looking at a trap on the floor (when the "trap aura" overlaps with the trap on the floor)
    • Maybe default traps should be slightly darker and be "highlighted" (freddy/ stalking etc) in direct line of sight?
  • Ok I'll have a basekit size increase