Survivor Perk: Fight and Flight

Pallets you drop stun the killer for 10/15/20% longer.

After stunning the killer with a pallet, start sprinting at 150% your normal running speed for 3 seconds if not Exhausted.

Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

Comments

  • I made a perk way too similar to this

  • @8obot1c said:

    I made a perk way too similar to this

    Ah, it seems we think alike then :)

    I actually considered removing the stun requirement myself. You'd have to use it more carefully if you don't want to waste pallets, but at the same time people would probably waste pallets for the speed boost.

    The stun requirement makes it harder to activate, but the survivor would have more choice as to when to use it. I personally like this more because it allows for more strategic gameplay.

    Ideally you wouldn't want to use it at an unsafe pallet, especially if the killer has enduring, since the killer could just walk around and catch up to you. If you use it at a pallet that the killer has to break, you'll get more distance.

    On the other hand, the killer can avoid the perk activating in the first place, but at the cost of respecting the pallet.


    I've kept the concept of this perk in the back of my mind for a while. Today I was thinking about an idea for a survivor who starred in a survivalist TV show, and I wanted to come up with something related to "fight or flight" to fit the survival theme. Then this perk came to mind.


    Edit: One thing I just noticed on your idea that I gotta disagree with. I think the stun time should only apply to pallets. 7.5 second stun from DS is a bit much, especially since killers no longer have a perk to reduce it.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685196#Comment_685196

    Ah, it seems we think alike then :)

    I actually considered removing the stun requirement myself. You'd have to use it more carefully if you don't want to waste pallets, but at the same time people would probably waste pallets for the speed boost.

    The stun requirement makes it harder to activate, but the survivor would have more choice as to when to use it. I personally like this more because it allows for more strategic gameplay.

    Ideally you wouldn't want to use it at an unsafe pallet, especially if the killer has enduring, since the killer could just walk around and catch up to you. If you use it at a pallet that the killer has to break, you'll get more distance.

    On the other hand, the killer can avoid the perk activating in the first place, but at the cost of respecting the pallet.

    I've kept the concept of this perk in the back of my mind for a while. Today I was thinking about an idea for a survivor who starred in a survivalist TV show, and I wanted to come up with something related to "fight or flight" to fit the survival theme. Then this perk came to mind.

    Edit: One thing I just noticed on your idea that I gotta disagree with. I think the stun time should only apply to pallets. 7.5 second stun from DS is a bit much, especially since killers no longer have a perk to reduce it.

    Wait. This perks seems exactly the same as one perk that I made. But I added "you don't leave scratch marks for 3 seconds".

    Also, the perk worked in this way. "After 25/20/15 secs being chased the perk activates. After using it, the perk becomes disabled for 40/30/20 seconds".

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685490#Comment_685490

    Wait. This perks seems exactly the same as one perk that I made. But I added "you don't leave scratch marks for 3 seconds".

    Also, the perk worked in this way. "After 25/20/15 secs being chased the perk activates. After using it, the perk becomes disabled for 40/30/20 seconds".

    We must also think alike, fellow Ace main.

    I don't think it needs a chase time requirement and giving it a basic cooldown means it could be used with other exhaustion perks (and I do think it should be an exhaustion perk because of the speed boost). I don't think it should disable scratch marks, since it would be very hard for the killer to track you down.

    I'm guessing this is a popular idea because pallet stunning is one of the few actions that doesn't have already have a perk tied to it.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685631#Comment_685631

    We must also think alike, fellow Ace main.

    I don't think it needs a chase time requirement and giving it a basic cooldown means it could be used with other exhaustion perks (and I do think it should be an exhaustion perk because of the speed boost). I don't think it should disable scratch marks, since it would be very hard for the killer to track you down.

    I'm guessing this is a popular idea because pallet stunning is one of the few actions that doesn't have already have a perk tied to it.

    Lol. I don't really have a main as a survivor, but as killer I use Pig and Spirit, I use Myers sometimes and I like him but his playstyle is a bit boring . Pig is not that strong but I like his playstile. And about being an exhaustion perk. Yes, it should be. And the chase requirement is for making it a bit hard to abuse. You know how toxic some SWF's can be. Imagine that you're going to pick up a survivor and BANG. Pallet to the face, with a bigger stun.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685645#Comment_685645

    Lol. I don't really have a main as a survivor, but as killer I use Pig and Spirit, I use Myers sometimes and I like him but his playstyle is a bit boring . Pig is not that strong but I like his playstile. And about being an exhaustion perk. Yes, it should be. And the chase requirement is for making it a bit hard to abuse. You know how toxic some SWF's can be. Imagine that you're going to pick up a survivor and BANG. Pallet to the face, with a bigger stun.

    I believe enduring was changed to not count pallet saves as stuns, so the same could be done to this perk. Besides, pallet saves are very rare anyway and they're easy to avoid.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685715#Comment_685715

    I believe enduring was changed to not count pallet saves as stuns, so the same could be done to this perk. Besides, pallet saves are very rare anyway and they're easy to avoid.

    They are strange of course, but not in a SWF team. Is like flashlight saves. In a random match yeah, they are but in a SWF team it's pretty common.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685760#Comment_685760

    They are strange of course, but not in a SWF team. Is like flashlight saves. In a random match yeah, they are but in a SWF team it's pretty common.

    They're not hard to avoid, though. If you look around before picking someone up, you'll probably find anyone who's trying to get a save. Also, we shouldn't try to balance around SWF. They'll be annoying no matter what.

  • Neat idea, but maybe the increase in stun should be reduced to 10/20/30 or 10/15/20? Making the stun 50% longer seems really good, especially when used by a good survivor who knows exactly when to drop a pallet, even against a killer who doesn't just walk into pallets.

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    Neat idea, but maybe the increase in stun should be reduced to 10/20/30 or 10/15/20? Making the stun 50% longer seems really good, especially when used by a good survivor who knows exactly when to drop a pallet, even against a killer who doesn't just walk into pallets.

    Yeah, I can reduce the stun time. I didn't want to make it so small that it does basically nothing to enduring, but on second thought enduring should definitely be able to counter this perk.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685856#Comment_685856

    Yeah, I can reduce the stun time. I didn't want to make it so small that it does basically nothing to enduring, but on second thought enduring should definitely be able to counter this perk.

    Yeah, so it would decrease the effect of Enduring, but not make it completely useless.