Returning to DbD

So I have been away from the game for quite awhile now. Things have improved, I must give credit where credit is do. I picked up the Plague, and I'm considering Ghost, and then Demogorgon when it drops. The Freddy rework is absolutely amazing. The end game changes are nifty with the hatch standoff gone.

I have one complaint and it is quite severe. It's going to hinder how much time I devote to DbD. That is the time it takes to get a match. When I returned to DbD it started me at rank 16. I assumed the 5-10 minutes wait time was do to no lower ranks available this close to a season end. However, I hit 15 and the wait is still there. It's horrible frankly.

Someone picking up the game some time after a new season start is going to have their opening experience ruined because of it. Three rank one survivors with a rank twenty can be placed against a rank twenty killer so there is really no solid reason to not have the reverse possible too. As a matter of fact I'd argue to just have ranks as a measure of progress and do away with matchmaking considering it. I'd rather have my ass kicked all day long then spend most of my day waiting for a game.

Additionally, I don't know if something has been changed but at times it feels like my mouse commands are not responsive particularly with M1 attacks.

Comments

  • Apparently matchmaking is bugged currently

    And about the wait time, that will probably be fixed by the sheer amount of new players coming

  • Welcome back!

    🤗

  • Surplus of Killers and not enough survivors to fill their queue. This has been going on for a while.

  • Im rank 7 killer currently and (even tho i played one match today) my que was like for 1-2 minute. So i ain't complaining for now :d

  • @Milo Due to being away since before the summer, I am currently reset to Rank 19 on my return. My killer queues have been about 2-4 minutes, and that is late at night around 11pm EST in the U.S.

    Can't complain about the low ranks, either, right now.

    And that is on PC, since I know it varies between platforms.