Dear Devs, USE THIS RESOURCE
You can see every DBD player ever on here and their play time. So they know who to talk to if they want more insight on how they could adjust the game.
You can see every DBD player ever on here and their play time. So they know who to talk to if they want more insight on how they could adjust the game.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
We've got much more detailed statistics on our end and already take feedback from experienced players. It's also worth noting that playtime alone does not mean that they'll give good feedback. I won't judge the people listed there without knowing them, but not everyone is able to give unbiased feedback or explain why they don't like something.
How does one know someone is biased or unbiased by not attempting to communicate more? Your stats might be unbiased, but they can also be deceptive
Not entirely sure what you mean there, but there are people out there who as passionate as they might be aren't able to see how a change would feel for the other side, or those who are able to say that they don't like something without being able to say why they don't like something (e.g. I hate this perk vs. I hate this perk because it encourages tunneling). Playtime alone doesn't automatically mean that someone gives good constructive feedback. It's also important to take feedback from a wide variety of players, not only those who have played the game for thousands of hours.
I see what you mean, but I was thinking about the player base as a whole. You have a huge potential in the amount of people who sink so many hours into this game, but to pass a huge chunk of them off as not worth for feedback because they only play one thing. Of course I'm not saying to only listen to a Trapper main on how to balance the game, but I think there might be something in what they give you that will at least give you a rough baseline. I can guarantee that every people who plays this game is biased to a degree, so why not take in all the biased statements and compare them to each other, which can influence the changes. When it comes to players who play every killer and survivor, I think their opinion if anything is worth less because they're spreading their area of knowledge so wide yet so thin in a game where there feels like there's hundreds of different factors.
tl:dr - Imo looking for unbiased players is impossible, instead find all the biased players and cross-reference every last bit of their feedback to find a middle ground, then move on from there.
I hope I didn't sound condescending or was repeating already heard rhetoric at all. Just tried to give something valuable is all.
I should clarify, we don't just immediately write off anyone who's biased. We can always separate bias from feedback, and it's still useful to know how different types of people are going to react to something. It's way more productive if you have people with a wider experience who can have a constructive discussion on why they do or don't like something, being able to see things from both perspectives.
@Peanits Can you guys add all the DBD data on your website and it updates monthly. Would be pretty cool to see our Monthly stats across PC, Mobile & Consoles. (please keep stats from each platform separate so it's easier to read lol)