Idea to make NOED more fun

So I've mentioned this a couple times already, but I never made a full discussion about it and I want more opinions on this suggestion.

Before you start thinking I'm a salty survivor, know that I'm a killer main (though I play a lot of survivor as well), and while I don't think it's OP, I don't like NOED as it is. It's boring to me and I almost never use it except on certain meme builds.


So here's my idea:

  • NOED no longer grants the Exposed effect.
  • While NOED is active, attack cooldown is reduced by a lot. Somewhere from 40-60 percent I think.
  • Buff speed boost (maybe 6/7/8? I'm hesitant to make it too big because I know that small differences in speed can have a significant impact).
  • Possibly reveal the hex when the last gen is completed, since the insta-down is gone.


I want this perk to be powerful, but I also want it to be fun. Downing survivors in one hit just doesn't feel that fun to me. I feel like increased speed and greatly decreased cooldown would make me feel more like a killing machine. I think it would be scarier to play against, too.

For little to no cooldown you'd need STBFL, meaning you can't just sit in the basement or by an exit gate the entire game and cheese some kills that way. However, if you accumulated stacks, you'd have a very strong combo and down people nearly instantly.


Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

  • NOED no longer grants the Exposed effect.

    And you buffed genrush… congrats. You made NoED useless in the long term balance.


    Why? Noed works really simple, survivors can, but don't have to, break the totems to avoid it or just completely focus on the gens and risk meeting the consequences. What's more NoED is the only counter to the adrenaline (punishes survivors for this gen pushing at the end even when you are next to them) and it is not an ultimate perk… it have a counter Hope, its really underrated perk in my opinion. How it counters NoED? It counters the movement speed that killer receives, so it becomes actually easier to loop him.

  • @LastShoe said:

    NOED no longer grants the Exposed effect.

    And you buffed genrush… congrats. You made NoED useless in the long term balance.

    Why? Noed works really simple, survivors can, but don't have to, break the totems to avoid it or just completely focus on the gens and risk meeting the consequences. What's more NoED is the only counter to the adrenaline (punishes survivors for this gen pushing at the end even when you are next to them) and it is not an ultimate perk… it have a counter Hope, its really underrated perk in my opinion. How it counters NoED? It counters the movement speed that killer receives, so it becomes actually easier to loop him.

    The idea is to make it strong without Exposed. With a reduced attack cooldown and a buffed speed increase, you'll still be able to down people very quickly, especially with STBFL stacks. I may increase the numbers if this doesn't seem strong enough.

  • Noed is fine, just touch da bones and you will be fine. If you do so killer is handicapped, playing with 3 perks whole game because noed did not activate. Also with recent buff for BP for dull totems its just unhealthy not to touch da bones. It's free 1k/totem.

  • @Kumakx said:

    Noed is fine, just touch da bones and you will be fine. If you do so killer is handicapped, playing with 3 perks whole game because noed did not activate. Also with recent buff for BP for dull totems its just unhealthy not to touch da bones. It's free 1k/totem.

    The goal of this idea isn't to nerf it. I want it to feel better on both sides. Right now it feels like the killer is cheesing downs, especially since the hex isn't revealed immediately and it's like telling the survivor "Surprise! You've been downed in one hit!"

    I want it to still be very powerful while making it more scary. What's more terrifying to you, a killer that instantly downs you out of nowhere or a killer that is running at you with increased speed and less attack cooldown?

  • I want to make it clear. I am NOT frustrated from going against NOED. I want it to be changed so it'll feel less degenerate and more like a terrifying endgame perk that better reflects the idea of a relentless killer catching survivors on the verge of escape.