Barbecue and chili re-work?
BBQ and chili has been the same (except for it not working inside of lockers) for a long time now. As a survivor main I either run distortion or always go into lockers because I know that most killers run this perk because it is very strong. I think that the perk needs to be re-worked in a way that it either gets nerfed or be something completely different. I have an idea on what BBQ and chili can do, the perk will still give the stack-able tokens for extra blood points (so yes it will still be good for farming), but the aura reading of the survivors after hooks will be re-worked. The perk will still be about hooking survivors except right after the killer gets a hook the perk does nothing until when the killer walks further than 14 meters (tier 1,2, and 3) from the hook after hooking a survivor, the killer gets a haste status effect (exactly like the Hex: Devour hope perk), and that killer keeps the haste status effect until the killer hits another survivor (the perk does not get rid of the haste when the killer hits the survivor on the hook). This perk is basically Hex: Devour Hope but with no Hex to be destroyed and no Mori or exposed effect. This re-work does have it's pros and cons with killers play style. I do believe that it still has it's pro of promoting the killer to run to other generators instead of camping the hook, but the killer won't be able to see the survivors aura anymore.
Like I said as a survivor main, I do what I can to avoid the killer seeing me work on a generator 45 meters away from the hook BBQ and chili got activated on. Frankly I do mind when killers run this perk because the game is forcing me to get seen if I don't go into a locker or run distortion, which causes me to get into a chase if I am not super careful. I would like a re-work like this to come into the game in the near future. I really don't like killers seeing me across the map for a solid 3-5 seconds after getting that hook. I know that I sound like a whiny survivor main that wants all killer perks to be nerfed or reworked but this is the only killer perk that really bothers me when come across killers that run this perk.
Let me know if you guys think that there is a better alternative that BBQ and chili can get reworked or if it should be the same, or if it should be removed from the game entirely. All in all in my opinion I think BBQ and chili could definitely be reworked into a more interesting (but still good) perk that doesn't show where the rest of the survivors are (most of the time).
If I was wrong or said something that didn't make sense please ask me or say something about it. Don't be shy, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Comments
I'm confused. If all you guys say that the tracking is not what you run it for and the tracking is bad, why wouldn't you want the haste effect from DH permanently until you hit a survivor?
Tell that to the 10 killers in a row yesterday who camped.
edit: buggy forum again, made me double post AND quote my own message.
I am a main survivor as well and the issue with BBQ is that the perk is....
Pretty powerless. What? Did you expected a main survivor biased opinion? Not everyone is biased here people.
But yeah, BBQ needs to change because the only good thing is points. I thought the same before I had Leatherface. "BBQ is too strong" and in the reality, you don't do anything with 4 seconds.
Only things that make BBQ n Chili annoying are getting off the gen to rush to a locker or using a perk slot for 3 anti-aura tokens. And then if they don’t see an aura they start hard-patrolling. It’s annoying but fine as it is, I suppose.
But I did think WGLF needed a buff because you will never not have the chance to see an aura with BBQ. WGLF is its survivor equivalent, so it needs an everlasting benefit as well. Something simple like...seeing the Killer’s aura for 5 seconds when taking a Protection hit.... seems useless I know but would actually be nice around walls and such.
I'm sorry but if bbq bothers you balance wise and not all the survivor meta stuff it shows you are not only biased beyond belief but also not very wise in the terms of balance
All the people saying that BBQ isn't strong are obviously killer mains that don't want their precious perk nerfed, lol. I play both sides and running BBQ and ruin almost guarantee a 4k unless it's a well coordinated SWF team.
My god, all these survivors saying BBQ is strong and/or annoying, because you need to get out of your way to avoid the aura reading.
Do you guys not realise how much killers need to get out of their way to avoid survivor perks?
Never hit the person off the hook. BT kicks in.
Never pick up a person for 60 seconds. DS makes them invincible, even if you don't tunnel.
Never swing at an injured unless they are exhausted. DH kicks in.
And so on, and so on. The game is about adapting. If something is slightly inconvenient, maybe instead of repeately slamming your head against a wall, try to use your brain to work around it.