What took you way too long to find out in DBD?

For me it was being able to lunge and what ever button was meant for skill checks. I had to constantly get right onto the survivors back to attack and just kinda mashed every button on my controller when skill checks came up, before just narrowing down the right button.

Comments

  • i mean i feel like a lot of people share the "what does exposed actually mean?" thing. that was definitely mine.

  • They really need to change the name for exposed. It should be 'endangered' or something like that.

  • Exposed meaning, and also that, even though it says 'attempt escape' when you are on your first hook, you really shouldn't, because as soon as a rank 20 (like me back in the day) saw it, of course I attempted escape, why wouldn't i?

    No tutorial back then

  • Killers don't have 1 specific map they exist in.

    Due to luck, or not, for my first games, I always faced a different killer, in a different map.

    And when I played killer, the maps would be different aswell ( I just happened to choose killers that I didn't play against at first)

    So in my head, the barn map was leatherface's, the game was trapper's, corn was hag, purgation was doctor's and lery was billy's...

  • Map offerings don't give you a map that is easier for your side, it just gives a normal map of your choice.

  • That you can cancel someone healing you. Especially when you see the killer coming and start yelling "stop healing stop healing I gotta run away!!"

  • Learning that looping was a thing

  • You activate Decisive Strike with L1 not R1. I had been playing DBD for nearly a year (Admittedly I refused to equip DS when it was OP) and after the fifth miss in succession, I realised.

  • You don't have to save everyone. Sometimes, letting them go is the winning move.