Who should win Hatch standoffs?

Last teammate died and was in the dying animation when I found the hatch. I stood on top of it waiting for it to open, and the killer ran over, and while I was on top of it trying to jump in, closed the hatch.

I always thought the hatch game meant to reward whoever found it first, or am I wrong? Is it skewed to allow the killer to find it later than survivor and still get the last kill?

Comments

  • Maybe dont stand dead ontop of the hatch?

  • If a Killer managed to 3k your teammates and find the hatch, it’s always really meant for the Killer to win. You just get lucky sometimes if they don’t find it and you happen to be there first. That’s just how it is sometimes, tough luck, go to the next match and try again. Not in a rude way or anything either, it’s just how it is. Or as the kids say, how it be.