No HUD

Alright, so what if you could disable your own HUD in the options? This means no survivor icons at the bottom, no item/add-on icon, no status effects, and the M1/M2 prompt does not show. Why you ask? Why not.

It'll be a pretty fun idea of a challenge and i feel that as an option it would be good to have. Not sure if it was ever suggested but i also feel this option could be a way to see if having a HUD or all these icons is negatively impacting interactions or not.

Even with no hud there is already ways of knowing what you are inflicted with.

Exposed gives you a screen effect

Mangled will make you notice that healing is taking longer than normal

Hemorrhage makes you bleed at a faster rate so you will notice it if you are keen and you can infer the killer has sloppy butcher before you start healing

Exhausted will sadly just catch you during that dead hard but hey, you aint supposed to use it to dodge the hit

Protection will just surprise you

And i think thats all. So how about it? Can we see this as a feature in the game

Comments

  • Yes please!


    Sometimes the game glitches and all I have on my HUD is the tittle of the map. I love when this happens! The lack of information gives the game a bit more edge and is more engaging.

    I am all for not being spoon fed information ^^

  • @FancyMrB said:

    Yes please!

    Sometimes the game glitches and all I have on my HUD is the tittle of the map. I love when this happens! The lack of information gives the game a bit more edge and is more engaging.

    I am all for not being spoon fed information ^^

    One of my freddy games had a glitch that actually made me lose my entire hud and it honestly felt amazing. Not only i couldnt see the survivor's status i didnt have my screen clouded with random stuff. Not to mention i think the chase music was bugged during this too so i didnt have that music when you pick someone up.

  • @yandere777 said:

    Alright, so what if you could disable your own HUD in the options? This means no survivor icons at the bottom, no item/add-on icon, no status effects, and the M1/M2 prompt does not show. Why you ask? Why not.

    It'll be a pretty fun idea of a challenge and i feel that as an option it would be good to have. Not sure if it was ever suggested but i also feel this option could be a way to see if having a HUD or all these icons is negatively impacting interactions or not.

    Even with no hud there is already ways of knowing what you are inflicted with.

    Exposed gives you a screen effect

    Mangled will make you notice that healing is taking longer than normal

    Hemorrhage makes you bleed at a faster rate so you will notice it if you are keen and you can infer the killer has sloppy butcher before you start healing

    Exhausted will sadly just catch you during that dead hard but hey, you aint supposed to use it to dodge the hit

    Protection will just surprise you

    And i think thats all. So how about it? Can we see this as a feature in the game

    I want this because this could bring the "horror" back to Dead By Daylight!


    Also, I had an idea, this should be applied to Third Seal in my opinion! :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84418/no-hud

    I want this because this could bring the "horror" back to Dead By Daylight!

    Also, I had an idea, this should be applied to Third Seal in my opinion! :)

    This could also give blindness add-ons a whole new meaning