Don't rely on the gamepedia wiki for official information

A bunch of people here acted like the gamepedia DBD wiki was official. One of its "top contributors" often spouted that on the forums. And the website itself says it is official. And yet it's been confirmed by the devs not to be. Glad this issue has been put to rest.

There has been misinformation posted on that wiki so please stop relying on it. As with any Wiki, take it with a grain of salt and always do your own research.

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Example of misinformation?

    As far as I could tell the Wiki is pretty spot on. It's reasonable to expect errors, I mean even an official wiki run by developers will have wrong information some where at some point.

    There's been like 2-3 mistakes max over a period of ~3 years, none of which concerned any gameplay elements, but rather release/event date speculation.

    Clearly, it is time for us to #riseup and get this well of misinformation and malicious intent removed from the internet.

    Who is with me?!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yw5fBg64Z0


  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/659852#Comment_659852

    There's been like 2-3 mistakes max over a period of ~3 years, none of which concerned any gameplay elements, but rather release/event date speculation.

    Clearly, it is time for us to #riseup and get this well of misinformation and malicious intent removed from the internet.

    Who is with me?!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yw5fBg64Z0

    You're awfully defensive. As I've said previously, this is more concerning the dishonesty in calling that wiki "official." And literally all I've said is for people to do their own research rather than taking what is written there as the gospel. Nowhere did I imply "malicious intent" and actually made sure to say that I didn't believe any disinformation was deliberate.

    But yes, continuing creating your strawman. You seem to be adept at that.

  • I'll add you as a +1 to the #riseup party :)

1 2 ›