Self Up-vote?

I did not know where to post this. I am new to the forums and just started posting today. I am curious as to why you can self up-vote your posts. It seems obvious in some cases, and it just feels desperate. Is there a reason that I am missing for why people can up-vote themselves?

Comments

  • @Normiree said:

    I did not know where to post this. I am new to the forums and just started posting today. I am curious as to why you can self up-vote your posts. It seems obvious in some cases, and it just feels desperate. Is there a reason that I am missing for why people can up-vote themselves?

    Um, idk, maybe you refreshed the page as you clicked on upvote so it looked you self upvoted yourself. 🤷‍♂️

  • You can't up vote yourself.

  • I thought that since the Vote Up text on my posts still has a hover animation, I could self up-vote. I just actually tried it, and as expected it did not work. Thanks for the replies and sorry for the naive question.

  • These things happen. Don't sweat it.