No consequences for leaving teammates behind on purpose?
So I played as a Dwight, with self care, borrowed time, decisive strike, balanced landing. The killer was a spirit and I spawned next to her ruin so I did it immediately. After I finish it she grabs somebody off of a gen or totem (she did not have prayer beads) and hooks them, immediately goes to another gen/totem and grabs a second person. So there I am with borrowed time near a Claudette that just got hooked. I crouch and wait for the killer to leave to get her off the hook. I unhook her and she immediately runs away so I heal another player, one of 2 Bills. I noticed the spirit, after injuring me, did not want to continue to kill me so i took advantage of this by going to 2 gens and completing them alone, while also stopping here and there to get people off hooks with borrowed time and to go heal them. One Bill dies and it is just me, the Claudette, and the 2nd Bill. Claudette was slugged on the ground while the Bill and I worked on the last gen. It gets to like 90% and then the spirit comes over and starts chasing Bill away, so I continue to work on the gen until it is completed. As soon as it is completed the Bill gets downed. I run over to the Claudette to pick her up and succeed. Then I take a hit while I borrowed time save the Bill off of the hook, and then I get downed. Cool, not a problem, it is the end of the game, I am next to a door, and it is my first hook. I sit on the hook and the spirit starts chasing the Bill away. I see the Claudette spam vault the locker in front of me, as she had done previously, and then she runs to the door. Slightly upset but still hopeful, I think she would open the door, come get me off the hook, and then us 3 would escape. But to my surprise, the Claudette had other intentions. She ran up to me, while I was about to get into struggle and she nodded "No" and then started tea-bagging in front of me. She then ran to the exit gate and just left. The Bill is then downed, so I try to unhook myself one last time before getting into struggle. The Bill is then brought to me while he struggles, she lets him escape from her grasp so he could unhook me, but instead he runs to the exit gate as well. She then downs him in the gate and brings him back to my hook to get me off of it. He did not manage to struggle out for a 2nd time in time before I died. When we got to the post game chat I proceeded to ask my teammates why they refused to get me and only the Claudette responded. She had first said she was upset with me for "farming her without borrowed time in front of the killer" when not only did I have borrowed time but the borrowed time did not activate because the killer was not nearby. After I told her that I did in fact have borrowed time, she said "either way you unhooked me in front of her" then said "she wasn't camping". So, there I sit, baffled, after doing 3 gens and saving my teammates on numerous occasions, to then get told I was left to die on purpose because I did not have borrowed time when I did and because I farmed them in front of the killer but then they said themselves the killer was not camping. They proceed to spam hate messages telling me how salty I was and how my salt tasted good on their food. I reported them and asked if anything would be done about my ticket via discord and I was told nothing would be done, that the ticket would be tossed out because the person did nothing bannable. And that is why I am here, and making this long post. Because I do not agree with that.
Along with this post, I have added 3 screenshots from the post game chat. The only name I did not over was my own. The one covered by black was the Claudette who refused to get me off the hook, and the purple was the killer.
Also, the Bill who struggled out 2 times and escaped, who also refused to get me but did not speak a word in the post game chat, was friends with, so I would assume SWF with the Claudette. So they both had intentions of leaving me in the game to die by my first hook.



Comments
Most survivors can't recognise a good BT play from a bad one.
So you're version of events is just as plausible as the Claudette's.
I don’t even want to respond to this. Lol.
Yeah... it's hard but like... it seems like some people just need to be ignored. They can really test your patience, as some of the people that play this game seem like they belong in a mental institution, but just remember that their negativity is some kind of inner turmoil in their minds. It's not your problem... /shrug
Altruism is altruism because you don't have to do it.
The consequences for him not unhooking you is a lower Altruism score.
I'd suggest putting him on a Mori list and moving on until you see them again, at which point you Mori them if you are Killer.
Technically this game is not a team game since everyone has a similar but slightly different wincon (my wincon is for me to survive, your wincon is for you to survive, your wincon is not for me to survive), so he is under no obligation to be helpful to the other survivors.
Is he being a dick? Yes. Should you respect him as a person? No. Does this call for direct punishment beyond what I've already mentioned? No.
You may not want to respond to it, but it obviously needs to be repeated. You've stated that you view DbD as a team game. Unfortunately, that is your own misconception. It is not a team game. It is a survival game. The goal is for you to survive the trial. This isn't a team game like say, Overwatch or Paladins, where teamwork is absolutely mandatory and expected per the Devs in their design.
BHVR has stated that a survivor's goal is to escape the trial. How, or whether, they assist their fellow survivors is up to them. There are emblems and BP to reward doing so, but they are not required, per BHVR.
Now, the Claudette shaking "no" to you and t-bagging in front of you was definitely unsportsmanlike conduct. But beyond that, she was not required to unhook you.
Survivor's job is to survive, how you acomplish that is your business.
Sacrificing for others is literally last thing you would do irl.
Just run deliverance.
I’m not asking for your opinions I’m sorry, I’m telling a story and asking why this happens when it shouldn’t. I hope everyone who has read this so far and is going to read it in the future has a great day 💜
I didn't really read your gigantic essay but I did read the chat, and no, no one is bound to save anyone and this is not punishable.
And yet you did anyway.
Putting them on a Mori list? Isn't that quite pathetic? In the end it's just a game and there's always other matches. No need to ruin someone's game because they chose to not do what you please.
I mean if they feel this strongly about it then I don't see why not. Plenty of people have Mori lists for this exact purpose. I personally don't have a Mori list because I don't give a #########, but for those that DO give a ######### such as the OP it's an option and qualifies as a consequence.
I try to save people whenever it's reasonable. If you're hooked nearby, there's no NOED, and I'm uninjured and/or have BT, I'll happily go back for you and take a hit on the way out.
But if the door's open, you're hooked across the map, and I'm the only one left, sorry yolo, not being a hero.
That genuinely sucks people aren’t toxic. But there really isn’t thing you can do about it. The guy was an ass and wasn’t very smart . But you seem like a good player and just don’t let them bug you cause it’s what’s they want. Hope you have a more enjoyable experience next time. Sorry if this is written weirdly I’m new to forums as well.
Isn't a Mori list bannable though. Thats a question I've always wondered.
lol man.. if that's the case why is it only a small portion of your score? i believe the actual objective of the game is to level up and unlock perks, teachables, items, and addons.. you can't do much of that if you're choosing to to play all douche like & watch other people play the game while you wait for your big solo escape.. it takes a team to make a score worth a damn..
there are so many things i want to laugh at about this but i just can't.. Dead by Daylight - a 4v1 asymmetrical horror game.. 4v1.. wait maybe you missed it.. 4v1... not 1v1v1v1v1, 4v1.. people are free to play it as a 1v1v1v1v1 and be possess all the qualities of a top-notch douchebag, caught in a real life scenario where the last one standing is the "smart" or "good" or "skilled" one or whatever, but they're really just a douchebag.. hey guys? you want to just hope you're the last one found with me over and over and over again? its super dope!
omg i laughed so hard at all of these people saying these things.. top notch thread for sure :) keep up the good work guys! loving it <3
I'm not even going to read that wall of text OP! Use some paragraphs. Anyway, I feel like I can reply to the thread just by the subject line alone. No, there is not now nor will there ever be a penalty for being a bad team mate or letting another survivor die. That is actually one of the fundamental aspects of the game. How you want to play your survivor is up to you. Whether you want to be brave or cowardly or selfish.
You should use deliverance so that they can’t do that
I don't usually stick around.
Soon as gates are open I leave. Solo life bby
Teabagging is not bannable either . You can be as toxic , as you possibly can (clicking torch , pressing ctrl at 10000 hertz rate , blocking paths and throwing pallets in front of chased survivor (without targeting specific person)) , if you don't use cheats/exploit bugs you can not be banned .
unfortunately you do! that's how the emblems work for one thing, and #2, you get bonus bps every time you save anyone or heal them.. cooperative altruism is the best thing in the game so you should always be in search of that.. once you get it, you know the game just got a whole lot better..
I don't comment on these forums but reading this has made my blood boil. There is zero reason to be toxic to your fellow survivors, that's the sort of behaviour that killers exhibit, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it turned out that this "Claudette" was in fact a toxic killer main.
I don't approve of any survivor t-bagging another survivor, in fact if I see that behaviour when I'm playing killer then I'll do my utmost to make sure the toxic survivor dies and I'll let everyone else escape.