Can we please get a public casual play mode?

Look, I like this game, but I don't like having everything except a glorified practice range mode (kill your friends) and the tutorial being tied to rank. I don't honestly care about rank that much in this game, but by tying every single match to the ranking system a lot if people feel like there's a lot more at stake than there actually is. All I'm asking for is a play mode with no rank. A casual mode. A quick play mode. Dying For Funsies. Whatever you wanna call it, I'd very much like it. It'd give players like me a place to play without stepping on competitive players' toes and give everyone a place to practice that won't effect rank.

Comments

  • I'd be happy with an extra mode even if there were restrictions. Every character can only use their starting perks would still be good and Dev's could collect data on basekit balance and mechanics.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I'd be happy with an extra mode even if there were restrictions. Every character can only use their starting perks would still be good and Dev's could collect data on basekit balance and mechanics.

    Why would there be restrictions? Using starting perks only is an awful way to go about balance, as synergies tend to be where things really get atrocious. That said, this isn't about ways for the devs to balance things. Near every competitive game has a public casual mode. That DbD lacks one is mindboggling.

  • @SureSpear

    Not saying there needs to be, just that I wouldn't mind. Starting perks and only chest items would still be fun.

  • @SureSpear said:

    Look, I like this game, but I don't like having everything except a glorified practice range mode (kill your friends) and the tutorial being tied to rank. I don't honestly care about rank that much in this game, but by tying every single match to the ranking system a lot if people feel like there's a lot more at stake than there actually is. All I'm asking for is a play mode with no rank. A casual mode. A quick play mode. Dying For Funsies. Whatever you wanna call it, I'd very much like it. It'd give players like me a place to play without stepping on competitive players' toes and give everyone a place to practice that won't effect rank.

    What are you? CASUAL!?

    If you wanna play a CASUAL game, why do you even bother playing DbD? Go play Fartnight, i heard that a lot of kids enjoy it a lot!

    Here is a tip for you, stop crying and...

    Untitled Image


  • @Bug_Reporter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/83484/can-we-please-get-a-public-casual-play-mode

    What are you? CASUAL!?

    If you wanna play a CASUAL game, why do you even bother playing DbD? Go play Fartnight, i heard that a lot of kids enjoy it a lot!

    Here is a tip for you, stop crying and...

    http://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/editor/hc/483wnl2r1kdf.png

    What if I don't wanna git gud? What if I just wanna play a game without people blaming me for depipping from a rank that ultimately represents almost nothing?

  • more modes = longer queues