A thought on a new gameplay mode cheap for developers

I was playing as legion one day and got completely destroyed by an obvious group of friends when I was thinking how nice it would be to play all my killers not just the usual to win. Then I thought what if the developers made a mode where they chose a different killer every week that must be used but in exchange only survives playing solo are allowed in the mode. Also only allowing two perks at a time would make the game more even for the killer. Any thoughts

Comments

  • A competitive like mode?


    It could be interesting, but these types of modes require support from developers in order to thrive. Just look at how poorly TF2's official competitive mode has done since it was released years ago


    There has to be some type of reward, good gameplay, and drive to make the mode popular. A competitive mode also needs things to be thoroughly balanced, so only the best maps and whitelisted perks can be used. So you'll need top tier players to determine what's fair and what's bad


    It can be done no doubt but it relies on the developers taking the time and initiative as well as listening to the high hour players on what should be allowed

  • I was sorta thinking about high hours players. I am sure lots of rank one survivors are sick of playing against the nurse or billy. Balance is definitely something that would have to be in discussion though and I’m curious if the base is big enough to support a new mode

  • I have no doubt the playerbase is far more then healthy enough to support an alternate "competitive" mode


    The problem lies with how do you ensure the mode will be balanced and enjoyable. As well as putting in enough of a reward to motivate people to play it? Because after all limiting killers, perks, offerings, and maps means you have to put in a reward big enough to get people to look past less content and options available to them


    If the BP reward was big enough I would totally play a few games if just to get the grinding started on other killers/survivors