A killer main in survivor town.

Killer main of about 100 hours and decided to try survivor out. Threw some BP into David and Laurie. My experiences.


Camped.

Tunnelled and camped.

Nobody came, died on first hook. Happened several times. They weren't doing gens either, at least half were just crouching middle of nowhere.

Tunnelled more.

Camped more.

Looped killer for 3 gens, spent 2 mins with him slapping me on the hook. Everybody else finished up and left.

Tunnelled more.

Random LF approaches with the power of unholy lag and insidious. Mayhem ensued.


There were a few good games but my Lord, it's hard being competent (I think I'm competent) down in yellow and I'm happy that I'll soon be out of this hellhole. When do I start seeing the survivors I have to deal with who do gens and things? When will I find killers like me who understand that not camping might get you more points?

Rant over, and my sympathies to all new survivor players.

Comments

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650579#Comment_650579

    The game is just not meant to be played competitively. It's an asymmetric game for starters, and the balance is just such that low rank survivors have hell while high rank killers must struggle.

    I think this is fine. The only real problem is when you have 4-man SWF commando squads working like clockwork to beat the killer, or survivor newbs at Rank 20 who have no idea what they're doing and getting owned left and right.

    In most situations the game is not too bad.

    I like the game on good days. I can deal with new players and I can own up to the fact that most of the time, I risk my own neck knowing I'm not great at looping. But I literally just played a match where two other survivors that were working together let me and my friend die even though we had actually tried to help them. That'a the main issue I have. Survivors are trying so hard to screw each other over these days that it takes the fun out of it.

  • even in red ranks you will get these types of players unfortunately.

    Solo survivor experience is rough. BT is a must perk for me because of the reasons you’ve listed. I don’t go into a match without it.

  • @Nonfunctional said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/649365#Comment_649365

    SWF don't need a buff and you can't buff survivors without buffing SWF so (hold on, a little math here...) Nope, no Survivor buffs for you.

    Actually you can!

    There are just restrictions on what buffs you give.

    For example faster repair speed is obviously a bad idea, same with anything that directly helps with looping. However things like ally tracking is fine and doesn't buff SWF.

    Chase indicators, action icons, totem counters, base kit Kindred, ect ect ect.

  • @InquisitorLoki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652105#Comment_652105

    I like the game on good days. I can deal with new players and I can own up to the fact that most of the time, I risk my own neck knowing I'm not great at looping. But I literally just played a match where two other survivors that were working together let me and my friend die even though we had actually tried to help them. That'a the main issue I have. Survivors are trying so hard to screw each other over these days that it takes the fun out of it.

    A new one happened to me today, your comment reminded me of it. A meg trapped me in a corner while I did a totem, body blocking me in and just stayed there pointing at me until the killer came and found us then sprint bursted away.


    Honestly I thought I'd seen it all but now survivors screw over other survivors just for kicks. Survivors shouldn't be able to body block you if you've spent at least 5 seconds trying to walk through them, not as a survivor.

  • I am a killer main and I never complain when I play survivor and get a taste of my own medicine ;-)

    As I always say: It is the survivor's fault for being found and caught. Be better at stealth and/or getting away. Also bring better perks and items.

  • I'm a survivor main, who plays the occasional killer and it doesn't have to be for daily rituals. Since my killer remains around the low levels and I have an unfair advantage of knowing more about the game than new players I usually hook everyone once, get some chase points and let them go. It's been over a year since I first started playing this game and I still remember the horror of newbie survivors barreling in to save me off hook with a hag trap at my feet. I think an occasional game like the ones I do, provides some relief from the grind of getting out of low ranks, and I wish more killers did it.

1 2 ›