Serious question for killers
why are overly altruistic (I’m not, I make educated logical saves unless I really need to yolo) survivors a problem for you guys? Bc from survivor POV it’s annoying for me when they are. This is Bc gens aren’t getting done and everyone else is usually on their 2nd 3rd hook with my chances of making it growing grimmer. From my POV as a survivor it taxes the team and helps you. What’s your POV?
Comments
They force Killers to camp, and believe it or not, most Killers don't want to camp.
We killers typically enjoy the chase more and when we camp its either we're being hookbombed, or gates are opened and we don't have a kill. We also tend to avoid the camp because of salt too.
Most Killers enjoy chasing, yes. Fact is, Survivors created the camping problem, but they're unwilling to take responsibility for it.
you know the perk thrill of the hunt? Killers want that. The thrill of finding a survivor, terrorize him as you get closer and closer, then land a downing hit. The hook is the sprinkle on the ice. when survivors come open arms to save....No thrill of any hunt is ignited .
licks
Pay no attention to this. It's an in-joke
That's because most Survivors have made camping a strategy that works more often than not. Right now, the only way camping stops altogether is if most Survivors stop feeding campers for a protracted period of time.
Of course, knowing what most Survivors are like, they're much more likely to try to shame Killers into playing stupidly or bully the devs into punishing Killers for playing smart than they are to play smart themselves, because that would take actual effort.
I do not find overly altruistic survivors a problem to play against but the after game chat is 90% of the time riddled with horrible language directed at me. Its the mentality that once hooked i must let these blatantly obvious survivors get a free unhook/escape. If I can see you I'm not going to ignore you. The biggest problem with this game is survivors want killer to play by the rules they set. I'm here playing the same game you guys are, and I will play it however i choose just like you can play however you choose.
I tend to measure how much I need to go for a target based on the progress of the game. If my Ruin is up and I already have 3 or 4 tokens of Remember Me I will gladly walk away from the hook knowing the guy will be saved right away because I'm still going to win. I'll just use BBQ and go after this guy on a gen (since that would be at least 3 not on gens), chase and hook him, rinse repeat. If you just present yourself to me and you are on death hook, depending on how things have been going I might just slug you and let you go one more time. Again it's one less person on a gen and someone has to come save him. As long as I keeps tabs on where he is when he gets up I know there is another one nearby so I just think to myself FRESH MEAT.
The only time over-altruism is a problem is after gates are opened because it's so hard to stop. Blood Warden is really the only thing that will stop it. NOED does the opposite, because once you hit and hook someone with NOED proc'ed absolutely no survivors will come anywhere near the hook until you leave or the totem is destroyed. Some will flat out leave, likely because they know they pipped anyway so why risk dying? I will say that I think survivors with the BT effect on them shouldn't be allowed to escape out the exit gate. It should block them AT THE FRONT similar to Blood Warden blocking at the back. Reason is if it's at the back they can just sit there and let you hit them down and they get away anyway. With this, once they fall they can crawl to the back of the exit but if you were chasing them it gives you a chance to pick them up. Should be allowed to go through hatch though, only because in order for that to happen you have to be saved and the rest have to leave. Other than that, I accept that over-altruism at the end of the game is usually just a result of me playing poorly. If even 1 guy is dead then the hooked guy's chance of being saved by overly altruistic survs drops dramatically. If 2 are dead then it's not even an issue.
I hate it cause they'll usually hook while i'm closer than 24 meters to the hook, meaning i don't get a DH Token. :'(
Short for Hex: Devour Hope
The Hex perk gets a token every time somebody is unhooked with the killer more than 24 meters from the hook.
1 or 2 tokens - killer gets a small speed boost shortly after hooking somebody (so he can vacate the area quickly)
3 tokens - Killer gets the ability to 1 shot down survivors.
5 tokens - Killer gets to mori downed survivors.
Basically, it's a perk that trades great power in exchange for both no hard-camping a hook and risk having the Hex Cleansed.
Serious question for you @HeroLives . Why do you have two topics with the same name and same opening paragraph? lol