My feedback and thoughts on all of the new perks!

I was quite tired while writing this, so don't worry if I repeat myself lmao

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strongest Killer Perk: Purge

This perk, combined with PGTW, could result in Ruin falling out of the current meta. The potential to damage 2-3 generators with PGTW at once is very strong and will definitely help to slow the game down.


Weakest Killer Perk: Mindbreaker

I don't think this perk will be used too often at all, simply because if survivors notice they're given the Exhaustion status when working on a generator that's under 50% completion, they'll have incentive to heal. The only time I can really see this working is if a survivor has no healing perks and is alone on a generator. This is a perk that is easily counterable against a SWF team.


Last Killer Perk: Cruel Confinement

Could be a good perk, considering it blocks and shows you where the blocked windows are, however by the time you get to the generator, the survivor could've ran away from the blocked area, and even if you're nearby, the speed boost when you're hit could also give enough time for the survivor to run away.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Strongest Survivor Perk: Camaraderie

This perk seems incredibly strong, especially with no cooldown. The survivors already have quite a lot of time, both in the Attempt Escape and Struggle stage for a teammate to come and save them. I'm not too sure on how this perk works right now, but if you're able to go within the 16M radius, then exit after the 14s, and then return into the radius to reactivate the perk for the hooked survivor, then this could possibly be a broken perk because it'd allow the survivor to stay on hook forever, unless they are saved. Also, this is going to be strong with a SWF team. If all three survivors, one after another, activate the perk, this allows the hooked survivor to stay in the struggle stage for a maximum total of 42s, which is a ridiculous amount of time. Overall I feel this perk should only be able to become activated once.


Weakest Survivor Perk: Fixated

This one was an obvious choice, because it's more designed for newer players to help them get a better understanding of the game. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad perk of any sort, it's just not something i'd see many people using in the higher ranks. Would work great on a stealth build though!


Other Survivor Perks:

Babysitter:

I think this is a great perk to help reduce tunneling in the game. Unless you're in the terror radius of the killer, even if you see each other's auras, you're still going to have enough time to get to a loop, or use something like Balanced Landing to get away if he is heading for you. Although, it could help him to determine the location of the injured survivor if you go running after them to heal them after you've unhooked them.


Second Wind:

This is definitely going to be a priority replacement to Self-Care. I'm not entirely sure if you can then heal survivors for another health state for the perk to then activate again later on in the game, however if so, then this could be a fairly strong survivor perk.


Better Together:

I feel this is another great perk for survivors, especially for those who aren't in a SWF or on comms, however may increase the speed of gens in which the survivors complete. Seeing the aura of other survivors I feel is great as it can help to stop wasting time, just as an example, the perk activates, you see all the survivors' auras, if nobody is heading to the survivor after a second or two, then you can head over there and rescue them. Without the perk, you may waste time going for the rescue because somebody else may already be there by the time you get there.


Inner Strength:

This, to me personally, is the second weakest survivor perk, because on average per game, you're going to find maybe 2-3 totems. This also requires you to go and look for totems, whereas you may stumble across a survivor on the way anyway. I like the fact it adds incentive to cleansing, however if survivors do effectively use this perk, it's going to reduce the amount of time spent working on generators (finding the totem, then waiting up to 10s in a locker to heal).

Comments

  • Camaraderie only activates for you I'm pretty sure. If you are on the hook it pauses the timer for you when another survivor comes near. The hooked survivor has to have it not the unhooked ones so that's only one activation so it's kinda weak.

    Second wind seems pretty good, I might run it and see how it goes but I think the terror radius requirement is whats going to kill this perk when I could just run DS + Unbreakabe + adrenaline instead. I would definately run it instead of unbreakable or D strike if it didn't have the terror radius requirement though. As it is it encourages the killer to tunnel to play around it. I think it should be the other way around, chasing the recently unhooked survivor shouldn't be encouraged by perks that you may or may not even be running but discouraged. Even with that though I still think it's the best one of the survivor perks. Which I think says less about the power of this perk and more about how the others are kinda bad because this perk is barely good enough to be viable.

    I think inner strength is a little stronger than you think it is. I'd rather someone heal themselves by cleaning a dull totem then hopping a locker for 10 seconds than by sitting in the corner of the map self caring for 32 seconds, at least by cleansing the dulls they are dealing with NOED.

    Edit: I also don't think purge works with PGTW. I think it won't use your PGTW when you use it. Still pretty good though because I think it explodes the generator and regresses it by like 5% which is nice for just downing a survivor.