Killer Lunge aim-assist Misses / Breaks / Hits walls of hallways after patch 3.0.0

Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

BALANCE Gameplay:

--All Killer swing animations have been modified to match the distance at which they can hit a survivor. This was done to help mitigate situations where a Killer would hit a survivor but their weapon/ hand would not look like it was reaching the Survivor.

--In addition to Killer swing animations matching their hit distance we have also added swing VFX to mitigate when hits looked like they should have missed targets when in fact they found a target and hit. (There will be more work done to make hits look better when they connect)


Aim-assist with killer has been acting strange since 3.0.0, and I don't know what to make of it. I've had to 'retrain' my muscle memory because I've regularly been coming up short on lunges, amongst a few other things...

  • If I lunge during a chase through a hallway, it's common for my weapon to hit an out of view, but nearby crate or wall.
  • I can lunge directly at a stationary survivor in front of me, and somehow I end up hitting an open chest, or a nearby lantern or rock.
  • Sometimes aim-assist breaks with survivors simply zig-zag during a lunge... I slow down drmatically, and my camera quickly pans side to side. Some survivors are good at causing this to happen, forcing me to use quick attacks - is this intended?

I could be bad at the game, but I don't know. Before 3.0.0 anytime I would hit a wall or a crate, it was clear to me that I missed. I can't see these new collisions before they happen, so I'm not sure how to prevent them - aiming down doesn't help.

Comments