Why is the menu so sluggish?

I feel like the whole game became very sluggish and laggy since around the ghostface release. Sometimes I click on thing on the menu and the game freezes for several seconds till it wakes up and remembers what to do. After a game finished aswell, Endgame screen just freezes everytime. I checked streamers with much more powerful hardware than mine to make sure it's not me but they experience the same.

Will there be a hotfix soon?

Comments

  • @Fab said:

    I had this happen to me when the game was installed on my HDD (hard drive) instead of my SSD. (Solid state drive)

    Im running an ssd tho, so you might had a different issue fixed with that.

  • for me it runs perfect. when you play on console than its laggy

  • The game becomes very laggy slowly on console after a few hours of play, it gets really bad.

  • I have lags ahoy too. Mega framerate drops after reaching second stage hook animation, as well as when entering the final score screen or switching between the main menus.

    I've noticed this on a number of Twitch streams too, and those people often have some very good PCs (certainly better than mine).

    It might get worse the longer I'm in game, I'm not sure.

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/642566#Comment_642566

    When the game begins to slow down, is anything being installed/updated by Steam? That can often slow the game down to a halt.

    No, I have downloading/installing while playing disabled on steam and I also disabled auto updates by windows.