Totems should be high risk high reward for killer AND survivor

Say for example I'm running devour hope, I have the potential to get earned insta downs and even a mori at risk of the totem being able to be destroyed at any time unless I excessively defend it. And you can't do that at all times

Survivors don't have to put themselves at risk to clense a totem if the killer they're playing against is in a chase. Even if it's hag, trapper, freddy or spirit And even if the killer runs thrill of the hunt that just gives then one more totem to defend In addition to the seven generators (at the start of the game).

And furthermore most of the hexes in the game already have counterplay to their effects

Haunted grounds : if you see two lit hex totems and you don't get hit by a thrill of the hunt don't clense totems

Ruin : learn to hit greats ig or just work through it. Gen tapping. Stakeout

Devour hope : I mean.... There is always just don't get hooked but that's hard. But you can just genrush the killer to ######### before they have a chance to build up tokens

Hex the third seal : unless you run aura perks this doesn't even effect you... And even then if your in a swf you have coms to tell your teammates where you are

Hex no one escapes death : do the bones or simular to devour hope just be expetional at chases. But yet again it's better to just do the bones as chases can be luck based on your end (mindgames)

Hex thrill of the hunt : like noed do the bones. Unless the killer is only running that hex perk for blood points then don't clense a thing because everyone likes blood points. But then you run the risk of noed. So if your rightfully paranoid just clense those bones because they give blood points

Comments

  • Totems allows you to have perks that without being able to be removed, they would be OP as hell.

    You allready have few options how to defend and camp totems.

    ONLY thing totems needs buffs is better placement. That's it. I don't think there should be any more RISK for Survivors.

  • Haunted Grounds shouldve been built in to begin with. The Entity punishing you for destroying its belongings. But totems should stay, but please devs, who made the totem placements. Right next to a f-ing gen, or right in the open, or survivors (STILL) spawning on it.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Totems allows you to have perks that without being able to be removed, they would be OP as hell.

    You allready have few options how to defend and camp totems.

    ONLY thing totems needs buffs is better placement. That's it. I don't think there should be aby more RISK for Survivors.

    Thats what i think too. Letting a survivor spawn IN the totem feels a bit weird. Youre playing "rusty chains hag" and youre totem(s) are cleansed before you even get to them.

    The only Buffs i can imagine is showing "Devour Hope" at three tokens and dont show "Thrill of the Hunt" at all.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/637601#Comment_637601

    Thats what i think too. Letting a survivor spawn IN the totem feels a bit weird. Youre playing "rusty chains hag" and youre totem(s) are cleansed before you even get to them.

    The only Buffs i can imagine is showing "Devour Hope" at three tokens and dont show "Thrill of the Hunt" at all.

    Yesterday I had game that I spawned right next to Hex totem. I was like "Rly game? lol".

    #RIPKiller

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/637682#Comment_637682

    Yesterday I had game that I spawned right next to Hex totem. I was like "Rly game? lol".

    #RIPKiller

    I play emersed so half the time I've moved 30m to the other corner of a map to always catch a trapper trapping his ruin lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/637690#Comment_637690

    I find it funny that Trappers do this. It’s the number one way to draw attention to where the totem is.

    Like use totems, ignore them, have a Plan B.

    I mean if your totem is in a spot where one or two traps can cover it with no way to get to it except by going through the traps it works pretty well, but if your hex is against a straight wall well.... There's no point