Survivors handle face camping so poorly
The reason face camping continues to work at all is because of overly altruistic teams. What you should do when a killer is face camping is all 3 do gens, 80 seconds per gen and 120 seconds for a player to die on hook you can get 3+ gens done. What ends up happening is 2 out of 3 hover around the hook for a rescue while 1 player continues to do a gen. This isn’t punishing the face camper or showing them it’s a bad strategy, if anything it does the opposite and makes them do it next game.
Comments
that's fine for SWF but solo won't know they're being camped. all 3 could think their teammates aren't going for the unhook and end up going to see and that's no one doing gens. plus, even if SWF, one person typically waits nearby to see if a save would eventually be possible - even at last minute.
historically, arm jiggleshave been used to convey "face camped. unsafe. do not attempt". but popular YouTubers seem to have changed tried to push this to now mean "come unhook me"...
Ok fair point, but all 3 run over, see face camper and each other... then continue to hang around. I think a big part is WGLF turning saves into a race against your own team as well which may be an entirely different issue
Yep and that's a big issue. I'll see people flailing away and stay doing work, only to be met with, " why didnt you ######### help me! I was signalling!" And lots of salt.
Well, I didnt help because you were telling me they were close to you. So....yeah...
I've just kept kindred and BT in my solo build, to help alleviate some of that nonsense.