Detective's Hunch needs a buff
Whenever a generator gets done, the Auras of Generators, Totems and Chests within 64 metres are revealed to you, and survivors in a range of 8 metres to you, for 8 seconds.
If you are holding a map that can track objectives, Generators are added to the map.
Detective's Hunch guarantees a Map out of chest.
Comments
What happens if I run Detectives Hunch AND Pharmacy
That would actually be pretty cool IMO.
The logical thing would be that you get one or the other at random. I will instead say you get a Flashlight. :P
That's pretty much RIP Hex Perks.
I mean, Detective's Hunch currently can already scope out Totems without a Map.
Yes, and now it can do it up to 4 times more easily by having 1 distract the Killer and 1-3 others can go cleanse it.
Well the map won't show any totems unless they find the totem first or do a Gen, so that's at least 1 Gen before it might get destroyed. And if someone is prioritizing the Gen to get rid of the Ruin then that's more time Ruin is having effect.
When I first started playing Tapp I brought in a map to use with this perk and it all revolved if I could finish the Gen but that didn't always happen, sometimes I did half of it then got chased and then someone else finished it. It won't be a guaranteed totem destroyer.
But I still don't like the idea, if Tapp has a map showing where everything is then that's not a hunch.
Ehhhh, not sure this is going to be that much of a game changer for Totems compared to the current Hunch.
Unfortunately, half of the players are SWF.
Not all communicate, sure. But since we simply can't get numbers on that, i prefer to assume most do.
I'm already thankful the current version is not a meta Perk, it'd destroy my preferred build.
This would just say no to any long-term Hexes like Devour Hope, Huntress Lullaby, you probably can't even get all 4 hits on The Third Seal.
I am.
We'll have to agree to disagree, then.
Happens. 🤭
I would definitely change the perk to ANY generator completed.
8-10 seconds of aura reading sounds good.
Also, I like the idea of getting a map in a chest. I don't think it should be a strong map but that doesn't mean it can't be useful.
Do that, and it will be a very appealing perk.