Good Old Unreliable Totems

Hello everyone. today I want to talk about the good old unreliable totem perks, and I say unreliable because let's face it. If it last longer than 2 minutes in a game, any totem at all, is just a miracle by itself. Because I know the only thing I ever get from totems is the sound effect of a totem being destroyed in the first 30 seconds of the match.


Now keep in mind, I don't really believe totem spawn locations is the problem here. Sure they are many bad totem spawn in the game. Especially those literally 5 feet away from generators, but that isn't the problem I'm here to discuss today.


Recently one of my personal favorite YouTubers known as Space Coconut talked about a sort of punishing way when cleansing a totem perk. Now i'm not going to go full detail on what he said here, so I'll leave the video link here for those who want to hear it yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8tJ57Ir_fE

However one of the big things I disagree in that video is the solution he was suggesting. It was "When a totem perk gets destroyed (Aside from Haunted) the survivor either looses a second chance perk (Meaning is deactivated for the duration of the match. These perks are but not limited to DC, MOM, Deliverance, and so on.) and if they have no second chance perk then their exhaustion perk will be deactivated instead. (Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, and so on.)


However I don't believe this should be the solution due to one simple thing. I don't believe survivors should be in a way punished for doing a side objective, being to cleanse totems. Because I know as a Survivor I would feel absolute fear when Devour Hope is active, and when I do cleanse the totem, My dead Hard is out.


A better and more fair solution for this is maybe a temporary debuff called "Cursed". My idea for this debuff is quite simple. When Cursed, that specific survivor does every action (Cleansing, repairing, sabo, healing ext..) 35% slower, and injuries done to this survivor take 35% longer to heal. This effect will last for a generous 120 seconds. Is not something broken as it only affects that 1 survivor temporarily. Plus for those survivors who loop, this effect isn't super damaging toward you, except for the healing part. However is not super broken, and no if you're wondering it does not stack with itself. It will simply refresh the new one and get rid of the old one if the same cursed survivor is breaking a totem.


But that's what I personally think should happen, tell me what you all think? I always love to receive your opinion. If you got any questions, tell them down below, and as always...


With love, DoomOrb

Comments

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/630858#Comment_630858

    risk vs reward? more like risk vs risk

    and ruin isn't even that strong, just learn to hit great skill checks

    devour nope is strong but by the time you get two tokens its gone

    third seal just neglects auras, yes gets rid of information for survivors but what else?

    noed is very strong, but you have to wait till the end and even then, you might only get one or two kills, or even none (Noed needs a rework asap btw)

    haunted grounds is the only good hex perk because you want that to be cleaned

    huntress lullaby is not even that strong, yes may throw off some survivors, but then what? and even then before you even get a skill check they immediately know you have it and either prepare for it or go find it

    thrill of the hunt is just....garbage and time wasting to the killer, not to the survivor and it is way beyond counter-able

    When you bring in a hex perk you...

    risk of it being cleaned to fast

    risk of it spawning in a really stupid spot

    risk of it not even working fully

    risk of survivors being able to easily counter it without cleaning it

    risk of one survivor just going around cleaning all of the totems and happen to find your hex totem

    risk of it not even doing its job

    and the only reward out of it is if it last long enough to work, but that takes time which is also a risk so it doesn't even feel near like a high reward

    unless the biggest risk is taken out asap (which is the really obvious totem spots) hex perks are a risk vs risk

    #NOEDisfine

1 2 ›