Rank reset

I’m still fairly new to the game and I still don’t understand how rank reset works. Can someone simplify it for me, please? :D

Comments

  • Rank reset will knock you back several ranks on the 12th or 13th of every month.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Rank reset will knock you back several ranks on the 12th or 13th of every month.

    Yeah, I got that. But what determines my rank being reset? One month it’ll go from 6 to 13 and the next it’ll go from 1 to 10

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627184#Comment_627184

    Yeah, I got that. But what determines my rank being reset? One month it’ll go from 6 to 13 and the next it’ll go from 1 to 10

    It's a scale. At certain ranks, it will drop you to another certain rank and pip.

    Rank 1 goes to 10. Rank 10 goes to like 15. Rank 15 gets kicked down towards 18.

    It's basically to make sure the people at high ranks, earned it. If you're rank 1 and get kicked to 10, it's not hard to get back.


    Ita never random though. It's always based on your rank and pips at the time of reset.

    And it always happens on the 13th.

    Honestly, if you're new, you should hear this now: as of now, rank serves NO purpose other than matchmaking. It does not represent raw skill or competetive play. It is not a ranked game.

    So dont worry about it that much. Its really just a random number atm to make sure brand new players dont play with vets.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627184#Comment_627184

    Yeah, I got that. But what determines my rank being reset? One month it’ll go from 6 to 13 and the next it’ll go from 1 to 10

    It all depends what rank you are, for example. rank one will go back to green ranks (rank 10) I don't know the exact numbers. but red goes to green. and purple goes to yellow