Why is the Chuckles mask so expensive?

I was dying to get my hands on this original mask. But when I looked, every site selling it generally charges $40-75 each. 

One guy I was playing with today offered to sell me his code, in exchange for a game on his wish list (which was only $15!!), and I jumped on that opportunity FAST. He followed through, and now I have chuckles in all his glory.

but, it still brings me back to my initial question: WHY is this mask often $50+? Was it truly only obtainable via an in-person event as stated? He stated that he got his card at their booth at PAX years ago.

My fiancee, brother, and friend all want a copy of the mask as well - but that's a LOT of money to dish out without any other way of obtaining it. Any tips? Or is that why it's so "exclusive?" Lol!

It does say "Ultra Rare"... *sigh*


Comments

  • That's nuts. We got it for free on PS4.
  • @det0xxp said:
    That's nuts. We got it for free on PS4.

    Is it the normal chuckles or the iron chuckles? They gave out one for free on PC as well, but it's made out of iron instead of flesh and bone.

    It looks like this:

  • Your right it's just the iron chuckles. I didn't know there was a variant.
  • Huh that’s pretty cool, didn’t know that even existed. Though I feel like I’m game you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between it and the metal version very well
  • That's a really cool mask, I remember hearing somewhere that The Trapper's og "in-development" name was Chuckles. Had no idea the non-iron variant even existed, that's really neat.

  • @Daniel101773 said:
    Huh that’s pretty cool, didn’t know that even existed. Though I feel like I’m game you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between it and the metal version very well

    This is the difference between the two in-game (well, at least in the menus). - The iron chuckles is definitely more clean and prominent looking; much easier to see in the dark. The other is a lot harder to see whilst moving around - but doesn't look as refined.

    $50 "Chuckles":

    $0 "Iron Chuckles":

  • It's actually pretty easy to see the difference in game. When you see a chuckles you're in doodoo. When you see iron chuckles, probably an easy game. Just saying. ;)