Dear devs, what exactly is the problem?

Once again, being able to hear footsteps of running survivors on most maps (pretty much all the outdoor maps) is barely possible at all. I am seriously wondering how something like that can be so hard to properly fix. With the lowered chase music, you were at least able to hear sounds somewhat properly. It was a nice change. Pretty sure almost anyone who played killer liked the change, if anything some survivors didn't like the change as much since they don't rely on sound so much and the music can create tension for them.

I am seriously wondering now how it's possible to screw up so many times. You already screwed up the sound effects themselves multiple times, the last time I believe when you changed the games graphics, almost muting any footsteps.

I seriously don't want to believe you are that incompetent, but I'm having a hard time believing other devs would have such issues with this or would just ignore this totally. What's the issue? Why hasn't anything been done at all? I do know that the sound when survivors walk through grass has increased, but that doesn't really help most of the times.

Can anyone of the devs respond to this problem? Or have they and I have missed it?

Comments

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/618544#Comment_618544

    The common sense argument does not apply. If so, then why can't David, Tap, or Jeff just beat the tar out of those wussy little Legion kids? For that matter, how can Legion just throw 280 lbs of Jeff on their shoulder with one hand. Can't argue that they have some sort of enhanced strength because they would just blast through pallets unhindered. I mean, David is a fighter, but runs from a tiny girl with a tiny knife or an asthmatic clown with a letter opener?

    No, the reason common sense has to be suspended is for balance and game play. Can't have the killer getting pummeled by survivors due to being a lot smaller and armed with in impractical knife. Just like you can't hear everything you should or there would be zero stealth play at all (stealth is already nerfed with all the aura perks).

    Obviously some gameplay conceits have to be made- amanda picking up Jeff, movement speed in general- but this is supposed to be a horror game. Making too much noise while hiding or sneaking is a classic horror trope that feels right in the game.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/627974#Comment_627974

    Obviously some gameplay conceits have to be made- amanda picking up Jeff, movement speed in general- but this is supposed to be a horror game. Making too much noise while hiding or sneaking is a classic horror trope that feels right in the game.

    So does being able to attack the killer, but he keeps coming back. Such as Michael being shot, Jason attacked with an axe, etc. That would not be good in DBD though. Can you imagine if David could pick up a wrench and beat the snot out of Legion, stunning them for 30 seconds? No thank you.

    All I'm saying is that we have to let go of some of the horror tropes for the sake of gameplay.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/628698#Comment_628698

    So does being able to attack the killer, but he keeps coming back. Such as Michael being shot, Jason attacked with an axe, etc. That would not be good in DBD though. Can you imagine if David could pick up a wrench and beat the snot out of Legion, stunning them for 30 seconds? No thank you.

    All I'm saying is that we have to let go of some of the horror tropes for the sake of gameplay.

    I agree but DBD clearly tries to make the killer appear powerful and the survivors helpless. Hearing footsteps fits that narrative.

1 2 ›