Perk Rotation, Tribute Rework

Welcome fellow gamers! I've been following these forums ever since I picked it up for free on the PS4; While my personal experience with the game has overall been great, I know that many of us feel this love/hate relationship with it.

I'm posting here (finally) because I've seen far too many posts talking about "nerf this, nerf that" or "this is unfair" or - my personal favorite: "Survivor's rulebook for Killers" type posts.

What I rarely see are posts that attempt to collectively bring the DBD community together and discuss positive changes that could help evolve the game; this is my attempt at this... It's my hope that by posting here, that the player base would give feedback, that the dev’s gain something from seeing this and possibly enhance player experience - no matter who they play as!

I’ve seen and read many player’s distress and I believe that the root of poor player retention is from the current design of the game’s progression and ranking system. It’s not uncommon for current players to simply play as a favorited character to save a ton of bloodpoints, purchase a new character then boost them immediately without bothering to try out that character at all... It’s also a common issue where if you buy a new character but didn’t save bloodpoints, depending on your rank – you may have quite a terrible time due to not having perks!

My proposal would be the following:

Select a few Non-Character Specific perks for both Killers and Survivors, these selected perks available any Killer/Survivor to use for a week - then rotated out for another batch.

The Tribute system reworked so that it focuses on the currently selected perks of that week – not only meaning that most perks could have their own tribute but could effectively make the selected perks be the gameplay focus of the week. Things like “Use 10 stacks of Stakeout in one match”, “Kill 5 survivors by hand from Devour Hope”, etc.

The current Progression/Rank system in place seems to punish players for not pre-boosting their newly purchased character; I feel the fix for this could either be to separate “Non-Ranked” and “Ranked” matches but always have players matched with as near equally skilled players OR make rank be on an individual basis. I feel individual rank would be a lot more programming and data to store for the dev’s so I’m more in favor of creating a separate “Non-Ranked” and “Ranked” system; obviously the ranked matches would fall in two categories of Survive With Friends or Solo for Survivors.

To be clear, players who unlocked perks via bloodweb or shrine would still have their perks.

In conclusion, I believe that with perks rotating every week and gameplay switching around, players would find the play style they would want to bring to a Ranked match. The overall goal here is to create an environment where players could feel like they could freely experiment with builds, have a better understanding of game mechanics, create meta that isn’t toxic for any kind of player and to HAVE A GREAT TIME PLAYING DEAD BY DAYLIGHT!

Hopefully this is spotted!

 

andrewms

Comments