Survive With Friends Match Flow - QOL Improvement

As far as I know, the current flow for playing multiple games of survive with friends is as so, as I have not discovered any better way to do this since I started playing at release 3 years ago:

1) Exit whichever lobby you were probably in before and return to main menu.

2) Click "Survive With Friends" to create a new lobby.

3) Invite each friend and wait for them to join.

4) After everyone has readied, queuing begins.

5) Once a match is found, everyone readies up for a second time and waits for the game to start.

6) After the match, everyone has to individually click "Leave" or "Upgrade" to leave the post-match lobby.

7) You are now in your own lobby again, like in step 1, which you cannot invite friends to. Exit this lobby and repeat every game for the rest of your session.

Clearly this is poor UX. I'm sure this very sub-optimal flow has been recognized internally, but it really is not being prioritized as highly it should be (because it's hard to feel this pain when you're just playtesting in development), since for players, this turns a play session with friends into a grind and is one of the main factors that will change my "I could go for a few more games" attitude into a "nah, I'm good for the night" attitude.

I've worked at a AAA studio as a fullstack engineer working on UI and associated match-to-match flows, so I understand that this could potentially take a lot of work for people on the back end and the front end, but this would be a MAJOR quality of life improvement that every player who plays with others will appreciate. Thanks for all the hard work, Behaviour! You're all doing a great job, and the game has come a long way (especially in terms of match flow) over the past few years, so I hope to see this change make it in as soon as can be.

Comments