Pretty solid LF Build
So recently I've seen people on here saying Leatherface sucks and is one of the worst killers. At the time I had him at about Level 10. I now have him at Level 29 and I have to say, this boy skin wearing ######### boy is no joke. I seriously got around 6 or 7 4Ks in a row. I felt unstoppable. This was at purple ranks. The build is this.
BBQ (Of course, but you can pick another tracking ability)
Unnerving Presence
Distressing
And FRANKLIN'S
Of course you're welcome to change out Franklins, but if I ever see 2 or more toolboxes, I'm taking it. It's such a good distraction. Not only do you rob them of their precious purple gen rusher, but I've literally had people try to pick them up in the middle of a chase because they thought they were being clever and doing it during a good loop. Also instead of doing gens, they're running around the map looking for their item only to smack it away from them next time. It seriously slows the game down.
If they don't have items at all however, I've been taking Overcharge. I suppose PGTW would work too but I don't have it unlocked. But essentially this build should give you enough time to start downing people before they can gen rush because of the difficult skill checks and then you'll start a snowball. Ruin isn't a bad option either.
Trust me. It works. Though I'm sure Red ranks it won't be as effective but let's face it, there's only a few things at Red that actually work.
Comments
Since LF generally sucks with his chainsaw chasing people down, I made him strictly anti gen and anyone who happens to get caught is icing on the cake. Gens don't loop and you can use them to track survivors. My current build is:
Ruin/ PGTW/ Overcharge/ BBQ or Surveillance. I want Corrupt Intervention but don't want to get Plague since she's lackluster IMO.
Exactly. I play on PS4 but in a manner of speaking, I basically use Leatherface as an M1 killer and the chainsaw situationally. I've gotten a lot of good downs with his Chainsaw when catching survivors out in the open or a double down when they're unhooking. So his chainsaw isn't useless it's just contextual.
So yeah, I run gen patrols and try my best to always run a 3 gen strategy towards the end. God help them if there's only 2 gens left and they're right next to each other because there's really nothing they can do with Unnerving on. They almost always miss the skill check, then I run over and kick the gen. I've had gens nearly fully repaired just regress down to 0% progress. They can't do the two man commit either, where you whack one and the other stays on it because then you just chainsaw them both down.
Honestly I think LF is good, you just have to adapt your style to him completely. You can't play him like Billy.