Colourblind options

I was wondering if the devs were ever going to add colourblind options to the game. I have a friend who has trouble playing killers like trapper as he can't find traps on the ground if it's a map such as autohaven since it's green.

Comments

  • Who knows.

    But you can do colourblind if you play on PC and have nvidia gpu.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,

    Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.

    I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?

    Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.

    You can check this thread out, add your opinion. Perhaps someday they will introduce colorblind filters.

  • Looking at the pretty much non-existent setting options, I came to the conclusion that the developers absolutely hate any and every form of personal customisation, because of "balancing reasons".

    My personal prediction: Developers spit on us disabled people with passion.

  • I have also talked about it extensively. I struggle as a killer due to massive blending effects on most maps. I have to hunt by movement. Can't see blood or scratch marks. Heck, the generator auras are nearly impossible to see on Ormont or McMillan maps.

    I've used the Nvidia settings and they are fantastic for vibrancy and color differential in pictures and video, but they do all but nothing in a game like DbD.

    Having the ability to change colors of auras, scratches, blood, etc would be insanely helpful. I'm sure some who are not colorblind would abuse it though.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    I have also talked about it extensively. I struggle as a killer due to massive blending effects on most maps. I have to hunt by movement. Can't see blood or scratch marks. Heck, the generator auras are nearly impossible to see on Ormont or McMillan maps.

    I've used the Nvidia settings and they are fantastic for vibrancy and color differential in pictures and video, but they do all but nothing in a game like DbD.

    Having the ability to change colors of auras, scratches, blood, etc would be insanely helpful. I'm sure some who are not colorblind would abuse it though.

    Leave scratches and blood out, for balance reasons.

    But there's no logic behind NOT letting us set the color of gen, hook, and trapper's traps auras.

  • Everytime I get Ormond, I just run around as a headless chicken since I can't see a single hook or gen aura.

    Perhaps I should DC, as the hundreds (or thousands) of chumps already do in this game when the slightest of things don't go their way.