It is not okay to disconnect so incredibly often, introduce penalty for repeated disconnections.
I have run into a problem when doing my daily rituals as the Huntress in Dead By Daylight on PC. The daily ritual went, "Complete 2 sacrifices with The Huntress". Naturally, I went a head and played the Huntress. My first game I was only able to complete 1 sacrifice as every other person had disconnected, greatly hindering me from being able to complete these sacrifices, whenever they were put into the dying state. The next game, every single person had disconnected right when they were on my shoulder to be hooked for the third and final time.
It's quite simply not okay for disconnecting to be such a light-hearted and frivolous thing to do. I know there is already a method of reporting players for such behavior but there should be a built in penalty for disconnecting games, and one that is noninclusive of rank (as many players may not care for such a thing).
Comments
As much as this is an issue, this is not a bug, so it shouldn't be in this section. I moved it.
Thank you, I was looking all over to try to move it out.
No worries 😉
Rizzo is da boss! :)
Anyways, yeah, we need a queue time penalty, and it escalates depending on how often you DC.
It could be as follows:
1 DC = No Penalty
2 DC = 5 Minute Penalty
3 DC = 15 Minute Penalty
4 DC = 30 Minute Penalty
5 DC = 1 Hour Penalty
Penalties will reset every 24 hours.
I’m pretty sure they discussed this during the anniversary stream and will be implementing penalties for legitimate DCs. I do know that people will DC if the connection is so bad it makes the game unplayable.
and atm I’ve also noticed a lot of disconnects happening not through people rage quitting / DCing - it’s just happening.
When the dedicated servers come out they’ll be able to tell the difference, however.