If you hear the Terror Beat don't run, try to hide somewhere crouched, If you spawn in the trial next to a hex totem, wait some seconds before cleansing because its very common for killers to check their totems.
What I typically do if I don't want to be found immediately is I'll start a generator and go somewhere else. When the killer patrols that area, they'll think someone is nearby and waste their time checking there. Otherwise, I'll do things like looting chests or cleansing totems since those aren't points of interest for killers immediately.
Don't start on a gen until you either hear the heartbeat come and go, or until someone else gets hit. Use the time to cleanse some bones or scout around the gen you intend to start first so you know your ideal route to a pallet or window.
Use Empathy. It's the best perk for this. Just don't jump on a generator as soon as match begins, rather wait for someone to get hit first. You'll see them, so you'll have an exact idea about where the killer is. Ironic how "Empathy" can be used as the most selfish perk: I've had games where I have not been found at once, thanks to it.
With some luck, there also might be an Obsession in the game. That's even better: if you see Entity spikes dancin' around his icon, you know he's being chased, so you can get on gens.
Don't run at the start of the game. I can't tell you how often I hear the heartbeat within seconds but the killer is just checking gens at the start. No scratch marks to follow, you can usually play it cool and avoid the killer.
You can be highly careful like me, wait for 15sec to see if there is a heart beat, then actually decided to clean a dull totem for another 16sec. Then loot the chest for another 10sec. Since there is no heart beat for more than 45sec. I start to touch the gen for a sec then heart beat comes.
I've managed to go entire matches without the killer seeing me or even having a clue where I'm at (unless i got bored and decided i wanted to say hi) spine chill, empathy, sprint burst, and ligtweight
I have this strategy, because Killer check Gen at the start, and tend to patrol around a gen area real hard if the gen has progresing.
Example I start at Gen3, I will touch it for 3sec then run to Gen4 and touch it for 3sec. Then I run/walk to Gen5, if I hear the heart beat, I will looking for Killer to check which direct its moving. Example it moves counter clockwise, I will move clockwise to the next Gen5, I can assure the Killer has to move around the whole map until meet my Gen5 again, it should be at least 75% progress if there is no Ruin.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
use spine chill, if it lits up for more than like 1.5 secs hes going to your gen
I agree with CoffengMin. If you can learn to master the spine chill perk, you'll decrease your chances of being found right away
If you hear the Terror Beat don't run, try to hide somewhere crouched, If you spawn in the trial next to a hex totem, wait some seconds before cleansing because its very common for killers to check their totems.
Spine chill
What I typically do if I don't want to be found immediately is I'll start a generator and go somewhere else. When the killer patrols that area, they'll think someone is nearby and waste their time checking there. Otherwise, I'll do things like looting chests or cleansing totems since those aren't points of interest for killers immediately.
Don't start on a gen until you either hear the heartbeat come and go, or until someone else gets hit. Use the time to cleanse some bones or scout around the gen you intend to start first so you know your ideal route to a pallet or window.
Use Empathy. It's the best perk for this. Just don't jump on a generator as soon as match begins, rather wait for someone to get hit first. You'll see them, so you'll have an exact idea about where the killer is. Ironic how "Empathy" can be used as the most selfish perk: I've had games where I have not been found at once, thanks to it.
With some luck, there also might be an Obsession in the game. That's even better: if you see Entity spikes dancin' around his icon, you know he's being chased, so you can get on gens.
Don't run at the start of the game. I can't tell you how often I hear the heartbeat within seconds but the killer is just checking gens at the start. No scratch marks to follow, you can usually play it cool and avoid the killer.
Thank you guys :)
You can be highly careful like me, wait for 15sec to see if there is a heart beat, then actually decided to clean a dull totem for another 16sec. Then loot the chest for another 10sec. Since there is no heart beat for more than 45sec. I start to touch the gen for a sec then heart beat comes.
And what should I do of the Killer is searching my area to 100% of I haven't Urban Invasion?
I've managed to go entire matches without the killer seeing me or even having a clue where I'm at (unless i got bored and decided i wanted to say hi) spine chill, empathy, sprint burst, and ligtweight
*me crouching in the background reading these tips because I always get spawned next to killer despite spine chill*
I have this strategy, because Killer check Gen at the start, and tend to patrol around a gen area real hard if the gen has progresing.
Example I start at Gen3, I will touch it for 3sec then run to Gen4 and touch it for 3sec. Then I run/walk to Gen5, if I hear the heart beat, I will looking for Killer to check which direct its moving. Example it moves counter clockwise, I will move clockwise to the next Gen5, I can assure the Killer has to move around the whole map until meet my Gen5 again, it should be at least 75% progress if there is no Ruin.