######### Fix Matchmaking
There’s no reason green ranks should be matched with red ranks. I know SWF allows that but I’ve had tons of matches where survivors spawn in individually and they are way higher ranks than me (rank 9 going against rank 4s). Really frustrating.
Comments
Yea I do agree with that....sometiems I love to make simple builds to play for fun...if I wanna go tryhard ill get to rank 1 lmao....
I'm going to speak for @Peanits here:
Matchmaking is based off of time and rank. If your rank is 1, then the Matchmaking system will try to find other players with your similar rank. If it's having trouble finding players with your rank, then it will slowly lower their rank requirements to find you a game as fast as possible. Therefore, you're likely guaranteed a weird ranked game after waiting for a while.
@NMCKE How do you explain that after rank reset (when nearly everybody was at green and yellow ranks) I had to wait quite some time both as survivor and as killer?
There surely still are a lot of problems with the matchmaking.
@NoShinyPony
I don't know really... Maybe there's a background rank? Like if you're a rank 10 survivor, but made it to rank 1 X amount of times, maybe the system will pair you with someone around that skill level. It's just a guess.
@NMCKE Come on, be serious. The matchmaking has a lot of problems. If we pretend everything is working as intended and don't talk about problems, nothing will improve.
@NoShinyPony
I know Matchmaking isn't perfect by any means, but there's always a reason to why these things happen. I'm just spitballing some ideas here on what's going on, but besides the point, the developers are working on a new Matchmaking system. Hopefully, it will solve our problems! :)
I had a weird matchmaking yesterday. Normally it takes me 5 minutes to find a lobby as killer, but I get paired with people close to my rank (plus-minus 2-3), but yesterday I got nearly instant lobbies, but with ranks all over the place.
Anyone else got that?