Best first killer for newbies?
I’m curious what you killer mains think the best first killer is for newbies getting into smashing survivors.
Obviously best to level first is bubba for bbq and chili teachable which is going to get you far more bloodpoints.
I think a great base killer to play first is wraith. Pinning survivors and uncloaking has by far been one of the most enjoyable things I’ve done with a killer. If you manage to get to the endgame, standing still on the hatch and waiting for that last survivor while being invisible is hilarious. Wraith basically has a built in insidious allowing new players to have 5 perks in my eyes. Once you master wraith feel free to move on to more advanced killers.
Michael is another great starter killer if you t2 fast the snowball can be really enjoyable, save the best and play with you food are amazing perks to learn for most killers as well.
Let me know your thoughts!
Comments
Wraith and Hillybilly, both are easy to learn the basics. :)
Wraith is great for teaching fundamentals of chasing, learning maps, dealing with loops, learning movement speeds and lunge ranges etc. You basically HAVE to learn the fundamentals, because Wraith has nothing else to lean on.
He's definitely the first killer I would recommend to totally new players.
I'd have to go with Wraith as well. He's what I learned with, and he can deal with low-mid level players without needing to get nasty, even without knowing his kit by heart. Hillbilly has a higher skillcap, but once he's learned he's a breeze most of the time.
I gotta say, people need to dip their toes into Pig, Myers, and Spirit a little bit before they dive into Nurse though. They really help people start to understand the different methods survivors take against killers, which in turn can become counterplay against survivor mains and meta.
Wraith is definitely a good beginner killer because his power is completely forgiving and allows you to find survivors easily/quickly resulting in many chases which helps you get used to chasing efficiently.