What I feel (and should really be implemented) for "camper" killer players
So.
Recently, I've been getting really a lot of campy killers. Some of them being straight up down me - hook me - then go ring around the rosie within the 24-48 meter range of me. And I feel that having the "Decisive Strike" or even "Borrowed Time" is almost a gamble at that point.
And they're even good rank killers too! I was able to hit single digit but never got anywhere ever since I hit rank 8 because apparently they think they're good with Spirit who has no phasing sound (We really need to get rid of that, devs. She's already strong enough, plus compared to Wraith who can be at least SEEN before going to loop him vs. someone who's invisible PERIOD, that add-on is the stupidest idea and hasn't changed since) and goes around to phase and literally down me once more when I am unhooked.
Plus this never happened until very recently, and even if I play killer I don't stoop down to their level, proving that you CAN win without having to proxy camp someone to literally finish a game strong. Because at the end of the game, all you have to care about is either you get a pip for rank or least go for the black, not literally ######### someone's mind from it.
Then here's my thought of it: how would one simply just finish the campers from existing in this game? Simple. We should have it to where if someone's being unhooked, and after being successfully being unhooked, the survivor who has been unhooked should be basically "immune" for a good 0.5 second. That's right, just like the perk "Dead Hard", except without the dashing.
What I do feel like though, is that camping is just a part of killer where some killers might do it, and some might not. I agree because I don't stoop that low, and still do perfectly fine. HOWEVER. We need to punish them harder for the proxy camps, the normal face camps, just any kind of camps in general. Because not only that is toxic, it is one of the most "securing kill" strategy where one person who has been camped more than 10 games in a row (yep, that's me!) is really not fun.
Also with this, I want to address how Hag works vs. the "Proximity to Survivors", because that is Hag. I genuinely don't camp, and like I said I am not that low of a person. I usually trap in a general direction of route where "someone normal would take this way to get to this person" type of traps. That's the problem. Someone goes for unhook and when I teleport to that trap, at that point I am given the Proximity penalty, and I've only gotten 1 or 2 percent off, and that's fine, but that really shouldn't be proxy camping because that is Hag and you really can't rework Hag.
Comments
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/76819/can-you-people-please-stop-whining#latest
"It is one of the most 'securing kill' strategy..."
Exactly.
To be fair, sometimes you also get hit while in the animation and go right back to the ground.
@Pomkin Teleporting to a tripped Hag trap shouldnt be hiting your chaser emblem for being too close to hook, since the trap was tripped by a survivor NOT on the hook...
I understand camping can be annoying, I usually see it more during rank reset but its quite funny how some people think a killers camping, when in reality they're sticking around the area for multiple reasons.
-A Hex could be near by.
-You're next to an open door.
-If its a Trapper/Hag, their traps could be set up all in the area you're in. This is a great way to gain pressure as these killers.
-All gens are around the area.
-He has sight on a survivor going for the save.
I honestly see these happening more often than a killer camping for literally no reason. I usually go out of my way to defend the killer in the post game chat because of survivors just talking smack. And if 1 of the scenarios above is in play during a trial. Why would the killer leave? There is literally no reason for you to leave the hook other than screwing yourself over. Its essentially getting a gen at 99%, then leaving it for no reason to go find another gen when there's 1 gen remaining.
The killers objective is to kill the survivors, why shouldn't he be able to secure it?