The Pig Buff Ideas
So being that the Pig has no endgame potential anymore, her RBTs have become a bit weaker. The RNG is a bit screwed for her as well, since the traps are so easy to get off. So I have some proposed changes to make to her traps (as well as to her crouching/dash abilities) a bit more useful.
1) Once a generator is completed while someone has a RBT on, the timer begins. For each additional generator the team completes while that person has the RBT on, the timer gets reduced by an additional 30 seconds.
2) Everytime a Jigsaw box is completed but no key is found, the killer receives an alert from that box.
3) If more than one person has a RBT on their head, for each additional person the RNG for trap removal is reduced by 5% (stackable up to 15%). This makes it a bit more difficult to escape a RBT on the first attempt.
4) The Pig can go into crouch position at the same speed as Ghost Face.
5) The dash attack growling audio does not start until she has already begun the dash (instead of being a loud roar prior to her dash actually beginning).
Comments
1) As I have explained in another thread, I dislike this idea because doing the gens is still the correct answer (at least, to 99%) since not doing them means the Pig can crouch tunnel the Trapped Survivor until they die.
2) This means that with three alerts, the Pig will know which box to camp so that the Survivor guarantee dies. Bad design.
3) Huh? I don't follow. There is no RNG with Trap removal. Only one box chosen randomly has the correct key.
4) I don't see the harm in this. Unless I am missing something.
5) I think you can do it to right before she attacks rather than right after she starts to attack, but I am largely okay with this.
@Hagging_Trapper @TAG disregard point 3 then, I misunderstood how the whole thing worked with Jigsaw boxes.
With point 1, I saw it as a punishment if a team decides to gen rush while a teammate is trapped. I do see the slight flaw in it though with the possible Pig tunneling. Point 2 does now seem a bit too much now looking at it again. Also, it could lead to potential tunneling as well.
4 and 5 though seem practical in my opinion. 4 is just so you can go into insta-crouch like Ghost Face. 5 is to make a better use of the dash attack, because it is almost useless unless you mindgame around a small pallet loop.
Of your ideas, 4 and 5 are the ones I am most on board with.
4 and 5 would be very good changes imo. 3 cannot work cause the key is just randomly placed. 2 and 1 would encourage tunneling the one with the safety helmet that would be bad design.
Pig main here.
1) I'm down for a reduction on time if more generators are done, but I lean more towards five to ten seconds. What you're proposing is ridiculous, and lends itself pretty much only to tunnels.
2) I don't think this is needed at all. Following people with traps is not the way to do things, and it suggests both camping and tunnels.
3) The lack of actual RNG has been called out already.
4) I have no issues with her crouch speed, and as is it lends itself to movement behaviours that can be optimized for unpredictable attacks. I'd be fine with the change too - at the very least Combat Straps should be base kit, and Pig should share the Reusable Cinch Straps addon.
5) I disagree thoroughly. This will help your initial hit, but completely neuter the Pig's ability to dictate how loops go - the roar prior to the attack gets them thinking a little more instinctually, and so they're easier to fake out with a long, redirected lunge. Taking away the Pig's mindgame potential for a cheap hit is a net loss in fun.
Pig is a consistent killer and doesn't deserve any nerfs or buffs, it is in the perfect place right now imo
Only changes she needs are as follows
Roar at the end of the dash attack, Rule set number 2 being in the base kit, Almost all addons reworked.
Seriously why is rule set number 2 not base? Its ridiculous.