Does anyone else feel this way about new updates?

When you know a new killer/rework is about to release do you tend to quit until it releases?

I find myself quitting pretty often when a new killer/survivor is about to release i'll get 1m bp then leave for weeks.

Mostly due to how ranking works. If i play a lot like i want to i'll get to rank 1 with the existing killers i'm experienced with/have perks for.

That means when the new/reworked killer releases, in this instance Freddy i'll have no idea how to play him but i'll be up against really good survivors.

I think this is partly why a lot of people are quick to say a killer sucks or is OP. They go up against rank 1s before being good with a specific killer or having good perks while survivors will face good killers before understanding the counterplay.

Comments

  • I quit the game in cycles. Right now, I'm in a off cycle so I'm not actively playing, but I still watch content and theory craft. I'll be honest I'm a better theorist than player, but when I cycle back on I'm going to try and push back to red ranks again. I just never have the energy to way so long between games. The wait time and dealing with bad rng on survivors lately is what takes me out of it.

  • I play continuously almost every day. What currently tires me are the long queue times for both survivors and killers.

  • I play for a while a week or two after every rank reset and then I go on a haitus for a few weeks.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    I quit the game in cycles. Right now, I'm in a off cycle so I'm not actively playing, but I still watch content and theory craft. I'll be honest I'm a better theorist than player, but when I cycle back on I'm going to try and push back to red ranks again. I just never have the energy to way so long between games. The wait time and dealing with bad rng on survivors lately is what takes me out of it.

    I relate with this a lot.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    I quit the game in cycles. Right now, I'm in a off cycle so I'm not actively playing, but I still watch content and theory craft. I'll be honest I'm a better theorist than player, but when I cycle back on I'm going to try and push back to red ranks again. I just never have the energy to way so long between games. The wait time and dealing with bad rng on survivors lately is what takes me out of it.

    Same. At this point I spend more time watching Dbd-related YT videos than actually playing myself. I just feel kind of burned out from the game right now. Especially killer.