Deliverance description

Hi all How are you? I wanted to ask if you can change the perk description, as you have not 100% chances of unhooking but 100% of luck to unhook yourself. The reason is, there are a lot of people who I am afraid they don't even care to read that deliverance is a luck based perk. It's annoying trying to explain why it "doesn't work" and still they say "the perk says 100%  chance to unhook yourself during the escape attempt and no matter what luck offerings are, 100 is always 100 because is not a luck based perk".

Comments

  • It does work, you just have to unhook someone safely before you get on the hook. If you do that, it'll work 100% of the time.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    It does work, you just have to unhook someone safely before you get on the hook. If you do that, it'll work 100% of the time.

    I never said it doesn't. I said that people don't know or don't want to understand that 100% is for the luck add not for the chance.

  • ....what's the difference.. it'll literally be the same thing. There's nothing in the perk's description that mentions luck so logically nobody "cares to read" that its a luck perk because it isnt. You just wanna say "i told you so" to your friends. Accept defeat pal.

  • @lazerlight said:

    ....what's the difference.. it'll literally be the same thing. There's nothing in the perk's description that mentions luck so logically nobody "cares to read" that its a luck perk because it isnt. You just wanna say "i told you so" to your friends. Accept defeat pal.

    @lazerlight it is a luck perk, even you have the four leaf clover when you do

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Luck

  • Safe unhook = guarantee self unhook as you haven't been hooked yet

  • @marquelcool21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/578790#Comment_578790

    Safe unhook = guarantee self unhook as you haven't been hooked yet

    It doesn't because if I use a luck offering it won't work.

  • After reading this thread, I think what this person is trying to say is that it is not guaranteed to get you off the hook 100% of the time if you used luck offerings. This is a glitch where the game resets the luck back to 0 if your luck goes over 100% since the game does not register it possible. So in conclusion, it would be a luck perk since the luck from luck offering override the luck from Deliverance causing it to not always be that guaranteed escape. Both people are right. It does give you a free self unhook if you got a safe unhook before hand but it is also a luck perk as luck offerings can bug out the 100% luck.

  • @TRB124 said:

    Deliverance is a useless perk anyway, don’t use it.

    It does have its niche uses, such as when you combine it with DS, which then allows you to Kobe off hook and get 60s of protection, especially useful when killer is slugging for 4K so it gives you the chance to escape through hatch once they hook the slugged guy.

    Otherwise 9/10 times your team mates save you. You don’t need deliverance. If you are being camped you got no hope anyway and the same goes for if all your team mates are playing immersed while you are on hook.

    Rank reset as a solo - I'm taking deliverance. Use it all the time, unless someone looks like they can make a good save, then I let them save me. Really comes in handy when you get the misfortune of being hooked across the map alone or in the basement so you don't waste other people's time having to cross the map for you and you can be back in action on a gen immediately. Also when no one comes to save you or you just know the person coming for you also has the killer in tow - you know what I'm talking about.

    That said I think switching the description to 'luck' would add even more confustion since no one knows what the hell it does anyway (usually nothing).

  • @TRB124 said:

    Deliverance is a useless perk anyway, don’t use it.

    It does have its niche uses, such as when you combine it with DS, which then allows you to Kobe off hook and get 60s of protection, especially useful when killer is slugging for 4K so it gives you the chance to escape through hatch once they hook the slugged guy.

    Otherwise 9/10 times your team mates save you. You don’t need deliverance. If you are being camped you got no hope anyway and the same goes for if all your team mates are playing immersed while you are on hook.

    @TRB124 I would say 2/10. I don't know why but most survivors are becoming Selfish? I mean, is your choice to save the hooked survivor or let him/her die but as I said, I had a lot of times where I was the only unhooking survivors and when the killer caught and hook I waited two minutes (all the time) and still nobody tried to rescue me.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/579450#Comment_579450

    Rank reset as a solo - I'm taking deliverance. Use it all the time, unless someone looks like they can make a good save, then I let them save me. Really comes in handy when you get the misfortune of being hooked across the map alone or in the basement so you don't waste other people's time having to cross the map for you and you can be back in action on a gen immediately. Also when no one comes to save you or you just know the person coming for you also has the killer in tow - you know what I'm talking about.

    That said I think switching the description to 'luck' would add even more confustion since no one knows what the hell it does anyway (usually nothing).

    @darktrix well explaining what the luck mechanic is would fix the problem I guess.

  • Wasn't that luck bug fixed?

  • @AetherBytes said:

    Wasn't that luck bug fixed?

    @AetherBytes Is it a bug? I thought the perk is luck based